Requires Brunch 1.x.
- HTML5Boilerplate 3.0 html & Bootstrap 2.0 css are included.
- CoffeeScript + Stylus + Handlebars as app languages
- Backbone as main framework
- Cross-module communication using the Mediator and Publish/Subscribe patterns
- Controllers for managing individual UI views
- Rails-style routes which map URLs to controller actions
- An application view as dispatcher and view manager
- Extended model, view and collection classes to avoid repetition and enforce conventions
- Strict memory management and object disposal
- A collection with additional manipulation methods for smarter change events
- A collection view for easy and intelligent list rendering
- Client-side authentication using service providers like Facebook, Google and Twitter
- Easy debugging: just uncomment
#console.debugin all files.
- First install brunch
npm install -g brunch
- Clone or download this project.
- Create new project via executing
brunch new <appName> -t ~/brunch-with-chaplin/
app/lib/services/facebook.coffee and change
facebookAppId to your ID.
Note that if you'll use predefined
facebookAppId, you'll need to use
See Chaplin github page for documentation.
Versions of software the skeleton uses:
- Chaplin a21c7a937b4ce430e57805a530ae4634cebd53a0
- jQuery 1.7.2
- Backbone 0.9.1
- Underscore 1.3.1
- HTML5Boilerplate 3.0.3
The MIT license.
Copyright (c) Addy Osmani
Copyright (c) Paul Miller (http://paulmillr.com/)
Copyright (c) 2012 Moviepilot GmbH, 9elements GmbH et al.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.