A community addon for Elder Scrolls Online
Download here (also available via Minion)
Current Release: v2.4.4 (ESO-204040)
Best enjoyed with Skooma, Joker offers a collection of various jokes, riddles, fun utilities & other amusing pop-culture references - all readily available ingame for your leisurely chatting pleasure!
Latest release contains a growing assortment of Chuck Norris, ESO-related, Dad, and Edgy jokes (plus some sarcastic tidbits of wisdom), with more content coming super soon!
Table of Contents
The following libraries are presently required for Joker to function properly. Otherwise, Joker is compatible with all live versions of ESO, including (probably) the upcoming Elsweyr chapter. Both are packaged within.
- /joker: Shows Joker settings & help.
- /joke: Picks a random joke and adds to your active chatbox. Random pool does not include Edgy jokes or pickup lines.
- /joke-eso: Adds a random ESO-related joke to your active chatbox
- /joke-dad (or /dad): Adds a random Dad joke to your active chatbox
- /joke-got: Adds a random Game of Thrones joke to your active chatbox
- /joke-wisdom (or /wisdom): Adds a random wisdom tidbit or shower thought to your active chatbox
- /joke-pokemon (or /pokemon): Adds a random Pokemon joke to your active chatbox
- /joke-edgy: adds a random edgy joke to your chatbox (added by popular request). Note that these jokes have been flagged as particularly inappropriate or explicit and likely are not suitable for all audiences. Please be considerate with your usage.
- /joke-norris (or /norris): Add a random Chuck Norris joke to your active chatbox.
- /joke-pickup target (or /pickup): Add a random cheesy/cute pickup line to your chatbox. If you include a name (target), it will address it to them for you!
- /pickup-hp target: Add a random Harry Potter pickup line to your chatbox. If you include a name (target), it will address it to them for you!
- /pickup-poke target: Add a random Pokemon pickup line to your chatbox. If you include a name (target), it will address it to them for you!
- /pickup-xxx target: Add a random adult/r-rated pickup line to your chatbox. Note that these jokes have been flagged as particularly inappropriate or explicit and likely are not suitable for all audiences. If you include a name (target), it will address it to them for you!
- /joke-burn target (or /burn): Add a random burn to your chatbox. If you include a name (target), it will address it to them for you!
- /8ball: Undecided? Get advice from the sage 8ball.
- /twister: Get a random tongue twister! Can you say it 3 times fast?
- /catfact: Get a random Khaji--err, cat fact in your chatbox. Sometimes they're true!
- /ready : Ready checks, but funnier & faster to type! Optionally add your own custom prompt instead of a random witty one!
- And other helpful utilities, like:
- /roll ,,: RNG roll. By default, rolls between 1 and 10. Including a single integer will roll between 0 and the int. Including two ints (comma-delim) will roll between the two numbers. You may optionally also include a prize/memo (supports item links) - which will also post the roll in chat for you.
- /choose (or /choose party ): Similar to /roll, chooses randomly among given options (separated by space). You may instead use "/choose party" to randomly choose a winner from your party (up to 24 members) - with the option to assign a prize (supports item links).
- /rl: Shorthand for /reloadui
v1.0.1+: If you have WinRAR & Windows, there are now two scripts in package.json that semi-automate the build packaging. You should create a /dist dir in main dir, then run one of the below:
buildZips up the whole repo (excluding .git/, dist/, & .vscode/) into the appropriately versioned folder in /dist/ (based on version in package.json). The resulting Joker.zip is ready to upload to esoui.
build-newcreates a new folder in /dist/ matching the version number in package.json, then zips up the whole repo (excluding .git/, dist/, & .vscode/). The resulting Joker.zip is ready to upload to esoui.
Always accepting requests, suggestions, etc. Here are a few things currently on the roadmap:
- [Added v2.0.0]: Hide jokes you've already seen,
- [Added v2.0.0]: Custom ready checks,
- [Added v1.2.1]: Magic 8 Ball,
- [Added v2.0.4]: Fun & customizable burns,
- [Added v2.0.3]: Cheesy, customizable pickup lines,
- [In Progress]: Add GUI options in Addon settings
- [In Progress]: Add filters to /joke (e.g. '/joke argonian' to pull a random joke about an Argonian)
- MOAR ESO jokes, quotes, & canon references (more always being added)
- Add your own jokes (locally),
- Automated submission of jokes to be included in the addon for everyone,
- [Added v2.3.0]: Raffle: Randomly pick from pool of users,
- **[Added v2.2.0]**Popular TV show references & jokes (GoT, Billions, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, etc - always taking requests),
- [In Progress, Partially Added v2.0.3]: Fun riddles and mindtwisters (including interactive)
- Other fun (and maybe a little useful) utility commands,
- ... and lots of other stuff even further in the future (plus any requests from users)
Big thanks to:
- @Phuein: NewAddon boilerplate made it super-easy to get started in minutes :)
- @Dolgubon: Early help, tips, cleanup :)
- [@A'Merri and @Harvspecial]: QA & Testing, thanks bunches <3
Jokes, riddles, memes, etc were (other than my own content or content received directly from users/contributors) obtained from the below sources:
- ESO Jokes: https://github.com/esoui/lexicon/blob/master/lexicon/joke/joke.go
- Norris Jokes: http://www.icndb.com/api/, Reddit
- Dad Jokes: https://icanhazdadjoke.com, Github@15Dkatz/official_joke_api, Reddit Search, Reader's Digest
- Edgy/Explicit Jokes: Reddit Search
- Wisdom: Reader's Digest, Pinterest Search, Github@sarah256/fortune-api
- Other, General: Reddit Search, Google Search
If you own the intellectual property over any of the above brands, web properties, or any jokes/content included in this addon, please contact me via Github, or directly via email (email@example.com) with your name, company and country of incorporation (if applicable), a clearly defined list of infringing content, and proof of ownership (or rights to claim on behalf of owner). I'll immediately comply with all such requests, and remove infringing content from any future updates to the Addon.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This Add-on is not created by, affiliated with or sponsored by ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. The Elder Scrolls® and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
You can read the full terms at: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/add-on-terms