REST APIs for the rest of us.
Restivus makes it easy to expose a CSV file as a fully-documented REST API.
This is an experiment to see how DRY an API can be. Down the road, I'd like this library to also generate client SDKs in different languages.
This is a very early release, the code is not stable, tested, or reliable...yet. Use at your own risk, yada yada yada (see LICENSE.txt for the real terms).
gem "restivus", "~> 0.0.3" or
gem install restivus
Restivus class inherits from
Sinatra::Base. A Restivus app can be just a few lines of code:
require 'restivus' class Bank < Restivus pk "Bank_Name" # defaults to "id" csv "banklist.csv" # from http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.csv end Bank.run! # visit localhost:4567/docs
Right now, Heroku chokes when rendering the docs page, so I'm going to try to use the Stasis gem to generate static docs pages.
Contributing to Restivus
If you can't code
- Find typos in the docs
If you can code
- Add cool stuff, give me feedback, open issues, request features
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 Alan deLevie. See LICENSE.txt for further details.