Packages for Chocolatey platform.
I'm off on chocolatey. I think that never will update regularly packages. This doesn't mean that occasionally I update any packages.
If you detect a package outdated you have a lot of options to get it updated.
- Create a thread on forum and demand a new maintainer for these package. Maintainer contact me to get maintainer permissions on these package and he has the responsability to get package updated.
- If your knowledge maintaning packages is average contact me at email@example.com, write your choco username and request permissions on these package.
A collection of automatic packages pushed to chocolatey official feed
- 20/03/15 - doc,dtgm, choco team are examples of part of people that merged my repos to get it updated. Thanks for that.
- 02/12/14 - I decided to not maintain regularly on chocolatey, so I added as maintainer "chocolatey team" for integrate packages on "chocolatey-coreteampackages" to maintain them the most up-to-date possible.
- 27/11/14 - Converting all packages to "not checkables".
- 21/11/14 - Bugfixing all the detected packages with problems.
- 20/11/14 - Moved all the icons to "icons" folder.
- 18/11/14 - Moved all the images to "images" folder.
- 21/09/14 - Updated checks on ketarin.
- 23/08/14 - There're a lot of manual packages, for testing causes or for impossibility to do it auto.
- 04/01/14 - Updated daily (only auto packages) or asap.
- 06/12/13 - All versions works on windows vista, 7, 8, 8.1 etc. On xp wasn't tested 100% but works very very often. There're packages that don't do all the instructions (remove innecesary shortcuts), but the program is fully functional afterwards.
ON FUTURE - PENDING TASKS
- Convert all packages to "not checkables".
- Fix all packages following this guide
- Use https://cdn.rawgit.com/ for icons.
- Description formatting correction.
- Extract icons from executables and resize it to 256x256.
- Do a package (or that choco core integrates the ability) that checks all installed programs and install all the packages of them. If a new version is detected on choco installs them. If not a message is showed to contact to mantainer to update it.
- Integrate packages on chocolatey-coreteampackages.
- Do a choco policy to do all the packages the same way. Each type, each form, not substantial differences like now.
- Do all packages "checksIfIsInstalled" - checkables if they are installed on system and not to install them if they exist.
Causes of errors:
- My mistake, I'm human, not perfect.
- I don't have a system 100% autonomous for all packages, so I've to update manually a few packages, specially prerelease versions.
- Author doesn't update the version number on his web or on the web where I found the version isn't updated.
- Place where are version and installer is changed, so the package doesn't work or choco not push an updated version.
- Ketarin doesn't detect a change on the installer, but version changes, so I've to delete the installer located on my pc to obtain a change on ketarin and then the update works. I've this packages in a relativity attention.
- If you don't know chocolatey read this.
- If you want to check the packages state go to here.
- If you want to see example packages to create others download my repo kicking "Download .zip" or otherwise and execute "ketarin.exe" inside the "KETARIN" folder. They aren't perfect, are improvable.
- If you want to know more, go to the wiki of this repo here.
- If there's an outdated version or an error:
- Do a PR. Recommended!
- You can contact me.