You're looking at the repository of Golingo, the #1 Paid Word Game in the Swedish App Store. This is the full source code, basking naked in all its dirty glory. There is an accompanying blog post spilling most of the beans about this release. Dig in to the code, and feel free to do what you like with it. We ask you kindly to play nice, but the code is yours to (ab)use.
- Not a single line of Objective-C written, courtesy of Titanium Mobile
- Only one (!) image ingame - the rest is CSS3 magic
- Fluid gameplay thanks to CSS Transitions and Animations
- Multitouch draggables using iPhone Touch API
- Logic encapsulated using Low Pro - meaning split screen mode was easy pie
- jQuery 1.4.2 for development speed (and sanity of developer)
- Predictable randomness means replayable games, all courtesy of excellent seedrandom
Challenges, aka. "We dare you!"
- Make it run on Android
- Make it run on webOS
- Translate to more languages
- Add multiplayer capabilities through Bonjour, nodejs, PusherApp or similar.
Copyright (c) 2010 Krawaller
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.