Zecwallet-Lite is z-Addr first, Sapling compatible lightwallet client for Zcash. It has full support for all Zcash features:
- Send + Receive fully shielded transactions
- Supports transparent addresses and transactions
- Full support for incoming and outgoing memos
- Fully encrypt your private keys, using viewkeys to sync the blockchain
Download compiled binaries from our release page
- While all the keys and transaction detection happens on the client, the server can learn what blocks contain your shielded transactions.
- The server also learns other metadata about you like your ip address etc...
- Also remember that t-addresses don't provide any privacy protection.
Zecwallet-Lite does automatic note and utxo management, which means it doesn't allow you to manually select which address to send outgoing transactions from. It follows these principles:
- Defaults to sending shielded transactions, even if you're sending to a transparent address
- Sapling funds need at least 5 confirmations before they can be spent
- Can select funds from multiple shielded addresses in the same transaction
- Will automatically shield your transparent funds at the first opportunity
- When sending an outgoing transaction to a shielded address, Zecwallet-Lite can decide to use the transaction to additionally shield your transparent funds (i.e., send your transparent funds to your own shielded address in the same transaction)
Compiling from source
- ZecWallet is written in C++ 14, and can be compiled with g++/clang++/visual c++.
- It also depends on Qt5, which you can get from here.
- You'll need Rust v1.37 +
Building on Linux
git clone https://github.com/adityapk00/zecwallet-lite.git cd zecwallet-lite /path/to/qt5/bin/qmake zecwallet-lite.pro CONFIG+=debug make -j$(nproc) ./zecwallet-lite
PS: Zecwallet-Lite is NOT an official wallet, and is not affiliated with the Electric Coin Company in any way.