Zecwallet-Lite is z-Addr first, Sapling compatible lightwallet client for Zcash. It has full support for all Zcash features:
- Send + Receive fully shielded transactions
- Supports transparent addresses and transactions
- Full support for incoming and outgoing memos
- Fully encrypt your private keys, using viewkeys to sync the blockchain
Download compiled binaries from our release page
- While all the keys and transaction detection happens on the client, the server can learn what blocks contain your shielded transactions.
- The server also learns other metadata about you like your ip address etc...
- Also remember that t-addresses don't provide any privacy protection.
Zecwallet-Lite does automatic note and utxo management, which means it doesn't allow you to manually select which address to send outgoing transactions from. It follows these principles:
- Defaults to sending shielded transactions, even if you're sending to a transparent address
- Sapling funds need at least 5 confirmations before they can be spent
- Can select funds from multiple shielded addresses in the same transaction
- Will automatically shield your transparent funds at the first opportunity
- When sending an outgoing transaction to a shielded address, Zecwallet-Lite can decide to use the transaction to additionally shield your transparent funds (i.e., send your transparent funds to your own shielded address in the same transaction)
Compiling from source
You need to have the following software installed before you can build Zecwallet Fullnode
git clone https://github.com/adityapk00/zecwallet-lite.git cd zecwallet-lite yarn install yarn build
To start in development mode, run
To start in production mode, run
PS: Zecwallet-Lite is NOT an official wallet, and is not affiliated with the Electric Coin Company in any way.