This Github repository contains the xAPI Specification. xAPI is a learning technologies interoperability specification that describes communication about learner activity and experiences between technologies. The specification is divided into three documents:
- Part One: About the Experience API
- Part Two: Experience API Data
- Part Three: Data Processing, Validation, and Security
The current version of the specification is 1.0.3.
The next version of the specification has not been planned.
What to do if the spec is unclear
If when implementing the specification you find something is unclear or unhelpful, you can help to improve the specification by raising an issue here. When raising an issue, please give as much detail as you can in regards to:
- Which part/parts of the specification you are reading.
- Your understanding of what these parts mean.
- The product and feature you are implementing xAPI in; what's the use case you are trying to achieve?
- How you would like the specification to be improved. Suggest some specific new wording if you like!
You'll need to sign up for a GitHub account if you do not already have one in order to raise and comment on issues.
How you can contribute
You'll need to sign up for a GitHub account if you do not already have one in order to contribute to the specification.
The xAPI Spec Working Group meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 2:30 (US Eastern) on GoToMeeting. You can join at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/686232837
The xAPI Conformance Testing Working Group meets the second Wednesdays of each month at 2:30 (US Eastern) on GoToMeeting. You can join at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/686232837
Please refer to the Contribution guidelines for further direction and a list of contributors.