Adam Christian - Engineering Leader
- Hiring, team building, organization and budget planning
- Software development process definition, execution and optimization
- Engineering management, mentorship and career growth
- Company strategy and product vision
- Evangelism, conference speaking, community development
- Modern Web: Webpack, Gulp, React.js, Material-UI, Flux, Express, Less
- Core Technologies: Unix, Postgres, RethinkDB, AWS, Node.js, Python
- Software Delivery: Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management
Executive Director of Technology, SinnerSchrader. Sept 2015 – Current
- Responsible for the engineering efforts across multiple project teams.
- Functioning as a "Standort Leiter", to manage operations of the office.
- Work with technical directors to hire and manage developers at the Munich location.
- Influence development process and best practices.
- Motivate and support team productivity, efficiency, and happiness.
VP of Engineering, Betable. July 2015 – August 2016
- Doubled the Engineering organization to 30 across 4 teams.
- Lead the team to succesfully execute on 3 quarters of product delivery.
- Built 2016 hiring and organizational growth plan.
- Established a sattelite office in Edmonton, Canada.
- Migrated engineering to cross functional scrum teams.
- Moved the organinization to modern pull request and review process.
- Implemented an engineering and support SLA.
- Mentored new engineering managers, and put them through formal training.
VP of Engineering, Sauce Labs. January 2013 – July 2015
- Built an engineering organization to ~55 across 5 teams to support and scale our infrastructure.
- Streamlining development processes, inter-org communication.
- Project planning and headcount/resource allocation.
- Participant in board meetings and high level strategic decision making.
- Working with sales and marketing to meet quarterly revenue goals.
- Interfacing directly with top tier customers.
- Made technical decisions about our tools and software.
- Coordinating the evangelism and developer advocacy effort.
- Delivering innovative and polished products.
Director of Engineering, Web, Sauce Labs. February 2012 – January 2013
- Built a roadmap for front-end development, hiring a team of engineers to make it a reality.
- Improved the Sauce Labs user experience and product messaging.
- Contributed to product direction focusing on the software tools and development markets.
- Playing technical point when it comes to integrations and partnerships.
Senior Software Engineer, Sauce Labs. March 2010 – February 2012
- Built intuitive web based applications to help users setup and utilize the Sauce OnDemand cloud testing service.
- Managed the development of the Open Source test creation IDE, Sauce/Selenium Builder: http://code.google.com/p/se-builder
- Managed Sauce Labs partnerships and the development and refinement of the Sauce Labs REST API for developer integration
- Started a NodeJS client library for driving WebDriver: https://github.com/admc/wd
- Multiple releases of the Windmill Testing Framework (including a re-tooled UI): http://github.com/windmill/windmill
Senior Engineer, Automation Team Lead, Slide Inc. July 2008 – March 2010
- Lead the company wide effort to adopt test automation into Slide QA.
- Built an automated testing system using Windmill, Mozmill, Testmill, Hudson, and VMWare
- Ran automated tests against different staging environments and branches, and result reporting.
- Lead a team of up to 8 QA Engineers of both in house and outsourced resources writing automated test cases.
Software Engineer, Rearden Commerce. Jan 08 – July 08
- Client side development of universal widgets for the Rearden Personal Assistant.
- Cross browser compatibility, active involvement in client side architecture and planning.
QA Engineer, Open Source Applications Foundation. Feb 07 – Jan 08
- Ensure the quality of all front end functionality in the Chandler Server.
- Interface with developers, release managers and QA for smooth releases.
- Maintain Chandler Server instances for automated testing, and QA Sessions.
- Windmill Test Framework co-creator, developer — http://www.getwindmill.com (created at OSAF by myself and Mikeal Rogers)
QA Contractor, Open Source Applications Foundation. May 06 – Feb 07
- Python tool development for automated testing using JSON-RPC, CMP.
- Contributions to the Selenium Core (Web Testing Framework) enhancing AJAX testing functionality.
- Contributions to the Broadsword testing Framework. (testrunner, stress testing)
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington — B.A Business Administration
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington — B.A Computer Science
I am a NAUI certiﬁed SCUBA diver, avid mountaineer, skier and sailor. I spent most of my life exploring the Northwest National Forests and Puget Sound. I've spent the last 5 years studying linguistics, specifically the German language and speaking at conferences about language learning techniques. I really enjoy traveling and exploring new places, constantly learning, and building out development projects on the side to keep my skills sharp and up-to date.