Python Data Science Tutorials
This repo contains a curated list of Python tutorials for Data Science, NLP and Machine Learning.
##The Python Language
- Dive Into Python
- Learn Python Wiki on Reddit
- Highest Voted Python Questions
- Python Basic Concepts
- Quick Reference to Python
- The Elements of Python Style
- What does the yield keyword do in Python?
- Parsing values from a JSON file in Python
- Python Quora FAQs
- time-complexity of various operations - list/dict - in current CPython
- The Guide to Learning Python for Data Science
- Scripting in Python
##Machine Learning with Python
- Python Machine Learning Book
- Table of Contents and Code Notebooks
- Machine Learning with scikit learn
- Machine Learning Algorithms Cheatsheet
- How to compute precision, recall, accuracy and f1-score for the multiclass case with scikit learn?
- One Hot Encoding for Machine learning in Python
- scikit learn on Wikipedia
- Introduction to machine learning with scikit-learn, Videos!
- A Gentle Introduction to Scikit-Learn: A Python Machine Learning Library
- PyData Seattle 2015 Scikit-learn Tutorial, sklearn_scipy2013
- SKLEARN BENCHMARKS: A centralized repository to report scikit-learn model performance across a variety of parameter settings and data sets.
- How to get most informative features for scikit-learn classifiers?
- Code example to predict prices of Airbnb vacation rentals, using scikit-learn on Spark
- Machine Learning with scikit learn tutorial
- Parallel and Large Scale Machine Learning with scikit-learn, Meetup
- Saving classifier to disk in scikit-learn
##Linear Regression in Python
- Linear Regression in Python, Blog Post
- Linear Regression using Scikit Learn
- A friendly introduction to linear regression (using Python)
- Linear Regression Example in Python
- Regression analysis using Python StatsModels package
- Run an OLS regression with Pandas Data Frame
##Logistic Regression in Python
- Logistic Regression with scikit learn
- Implementing the softmax function in Python
- What is the inverse of regularization strength in Logistic Regression? How should it affect my code?
- The Yhat Blog: Logistic Regression in Python
- Example of logistic regression in Python using scikit-learn
- TUTORIAL ON LOGISTIC REGRESSION AND OPTIMIZATION IN PYTHON
- Using Logistic Regression in Python for Data Science
##k Nearest Neighbours in Python
- A good tutorial on implementing K Nearest Neighbors using scikit learn
- Is it possible to specify your own distance function using scikit-learn K-Means Clustering?
- Tutorial To Implement k-Nearest Neighbors in Python From Scratch
- Implementing your own k-nearest neighbour algorithm using Python
- knn Python implementation on StackOverflow
- kNN with big sparse matrices in Python
- Sklearn kNN usage with a user defined metric
##Neural Networks in Python
- Implementing a Neural Network from scratch in Python, Code
- A Neural Network in 11 lines of Python
- Speeding up your Neural Network with Theano and the gpu, Code
- What is the best neural network library for Python?
- Recurrent Neural Net Tutorial in Python Part 1, Part 2, Code
- PyBrain: modular Machine Learning Library for Python
##Decision Trees in Python
- How to extract the decision rules from scikit-learn decision-tree?
- How do I find which attributes my tree splits on, when using scikit-learn?
- Quora: What is a good Python library for decision trees?, StackOverflow
- Building Decision Trees in Python
- Pure Python Decision Trees
- Building a decision tree from scratch in Python - a beginner's tutorial
- Using Python to Build and Use a Simple Decision Tree Classifier
- Decision trees in python with scikit-learn and pandas
- Code for simple decision tree in Python
##Random Forest with Python
- Getting Started with Random Forests: Titanic Competition on Kaggle, Python sample code
- RandomForestClassifier vs ExtraTreesClassifier in scikit learn
- Powerful Guide to learn Random Forest
- How are Feature Importances in RandomForestClassifier determined?
- Random forest interpretation with scikit-learn
- Random Forests in Python Tutorial
- Unbalanced classification using RandomForestClassifier in sklearn
- Random Forest with categorical features in sklearn
- How to output RandomForest Classifier from python?
##Support Vector Machine in Python
- Fastest SVM implementation usable in Python
- An example using python bindings for SVM library, LIBSVM
- What is the best SVM library usable from Python?
- How does sklearn.svm.svc's function predict_proba() work internally?
- Support vector machine in Python using libsvm example of features
- Linear SVC Machine learning SVM example with Python
- Understanding Support Vector Machine algorithm from examples (along with code)
##Data Science with Python
- Python for Data Science: Basic Concepts
- Pycon India 2015 Notes
- 5 important Python Data Science advancements of 2015
- Data Exploration with Numpy cheat sheet
- Querying Craiglist with Python
- An introduction to Numpy and Scipy
- Create NBA Shot Charts
- PythoR- Python meets R
- How do I learn data analysis with Python?
- What are some interesting things to do with Python?
- Which is better for data analysis: R or Python?
- Web scraping in Python
##Pandas Library in Python
- Intro to pandas data structures
- 10 minutes to Pandas
- Timeseries analysis using Pandas
- “Large data” work flows using pandas
- Quick Operations on a Pandas DataFrame
- Renaming Columns in Pandas
- Deleting Columns from pandas DataFrame
- Adding new Column to existing DataFrame
- Add one Row in a pandas.DataFrame
- Changing the order of DataFrame Columns
- Changing data type of Columns
- Getting a list of the column headers from a DataFrame
- Converting list of dictionaries to Dataframe
- Getting row count of pandas DataFrame
- Most efficient way to loop through DataFrames
- Deleting DataFrame row based on column value
- Dropping a list of rows from Pandas DataFrame
##Text Mining in Python
- NLP with Python ORiley Book, Python 3
- Text Analytics : Intro and Tokenization
- NLTK BOOK
- Elegant N-gram Generation in Python
- Computing N Grams using Python
- N-grams: Explanation + 2 applications
- NLP Tutorial with Python
##Sentiment Analysis with Python
- Basic Sentiment Analysis with Python
- What is the best way to do Sentiment Analysis with Python?
- How to Calculate Twitter Sentiment Using AlchemyAPI with Python
- Second Try: Sentiment Analysis in Python
- Sentiment Analysis with Python NLTK Text Classification
##Pickle: convert a python object into a character stream
- Python serialization - Why pickle?
- Serializing Python Objects, Binary Files
- What is Pickle in python ?
- How to cPickle dump and load separate dictionaries to the same file?
- Understanding Pickling in Python
- How to use Regular Expressions (Regex) in Microsoft Excel both in-cell and loops
- Advanced Filters: Excel’s Amazing Alternative To Regex
- Calling an external command in Python
- Running shell command from Python and capturing the output
- Can I use Python as a bash replacement?
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- How to Write a Shell Script using Bash Shell in Ubuntu
- Red Hat Magazine | Python for Bash scripters: A well-kept secret
- Embed bash in python
- Bash2py: A Bash to Python Translator
- The Beginner’s Guide to Shell Scripting: The Basics
- Linux Shell Scripting Tutorial v1.05r3 A Beginner's handbook
##Azure Machine Learning with HDInsight