This is Brackets 1.8 Pre-release, posted for community testing. Please report any unintended behavior which might occur during installation and use of the software.
Please note that this builds doesn't contain the Brackets 1.8 specific string translations.
What's New in Release 1.7
- CEF shell upgrade to 2623 by nethip : Brackets app shell is now upgraded to CEF 2623. The long standing issue with mouse scroll being too fast on Windows is now fixed with the CEF upgrade.
- Recent Files Navigation dialog by swmitra : The new Recent Files navigation dialog shows a history of all opened files, allowing one to switch to a file visually. The new dialog also tracks opened files that are not in the working set.
- 64 bit on MAC by nethip : Brackets on MAC is now 64 bit!
Thanks to the community for numerous improvements and fixes
What's New in Release 1.6
- Add flip-view and close buttons to pane-headers by petetnt : In split view, documents now can be closed via the new close button added at the right corners of both the panes. Also, document now can be easily moved into the other pane, using the new flip button.
- Split View (Same Document) by swmitra : Same document can now be opened in both the panes, when in split view.
- Toggle panels and no-Distraction mode by abose : Brackets now has a no-distraction mode which can be enabled using Cmd-Shift-2 shortcut. Once enabled, this mode will hide the toolbar bar panel on the right as well as the project tree.