Release Notes: 0.41
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 0.41
- Replace across multiple files: You can see all search matches first and uncheck any you don't wish to replace. Supports the same exclusion filtering as Find in Files.
Files & Folders
- Rename on second click: Click the currently selected file in the tree view a second time to rename it, similar to the gesture available in Windows Explorer and OS X Finder.
- Ongoing Research (not implemented yet)
No major changes to existing features.
No known changes to public APIs.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Search - Use
FindInFilesUI.searchAndShowResults() to programmatically trigger a 'Find in Files' operation and show its results in the bottom panel.
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
<main>tag in HTML code hints by coliff
- Start Extension Manager on Installed tab if updates are available by Matt Stow
- Fix #8028: Quick View doesn't recognize linear-gradient if no space before it by HighwayChile
- Fix bug in new file tree click-to-rename gesture by Marcel Gerber
- Recognize .command files as Bash scripts by Eric Newport
- Create Danish translation by bodhiBit
- Usability: Only show checkmark next to Working Files sort commands when Automatic Sort is on by Tomás Malbrán
- About screen shows build timestamp (in dist builds) by HighwayChile
- Prevent dialogs closed via Enter key from inserting newline into editor by Martin Zagora
- Fix #8131: Installing 'Brackets Git' extension can cause Brackets to hang by Tomás Malbrán
- JSDoc syntax fixes by Chema Balsas (see generated documentation)
- Rename Project Settings dismiss button from OK to Done by Lucas K Allmon
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Italian translation update by Denisov21
- Finnish translation update (and) by valtlait
- Swedish translation update by Mikael Jorhult
- Turkish translation update by valtlait
- Russian translation fixes by JustAndrei
- Czech translation fix by kamenitxan
Pulling source code from Git
- A new brackets-shell build is not required this sprint.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. So if you do rebuild it, run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Release 0.41
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 41 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.