Release Notes: 1.0
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 1.0
- Collapse unwanted Quick Edit results: Quickly collapse results from a particular CSS, SCSS, or LESS file. For example, when using a preprocessor you can hide results from the compiled CSS file to focus on results in your original SCSS/LESS code.
Code Hints & Search
- url() code hints for SCSS/LESS: Code hints for files/folders within your project, as seen in CSS files.
- New "wordsOnly" setting for automatic word highlighting: See preferences documentation for how to use this setting.
- UI Appearance
- "Show in OS" reveals files in shell file browser (previously, in some cases the file would open in its default instead)
- Translation updates for: Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
Max file size - For performance and stability, files larger than 16 MB will not be opened by Brackets.
Version numbering - While previous releases of Brackets used version numbers like "0.XX", this release is numbered "1.0" and the next release (due out within a month) will be "1.1".
Deprecated APIs removed - The following APIs, which had been deprecated for some time already, have been removed:
- Command ids
- Menu section ids
Bugs have already been filed with all extensions that are believed to be using these APIs.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Themes - Themes no longer need to include a dummy 'main.js' file. Theme authors may wish to continue including this file in the short term for compatibility with Brackets 0.44, however.
Prepackaged extensions - Distributions of Brackets can now include extensions that will be auto-installed in the user extensions folder on first launch. Place extension .zip packages in a folder named
auto-install-extensions next to the
www folder. Users can update & uninstall these extensions individually just like regular user-installed extensions.
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Enable url() code hints for SCSS/LESS by Marcel Gerber
- Remove main.js requirement for themes by Triangle717
- Linux: Fix "Show in OS" for files by Rado Rodopski
- Fix gap that sometimes appears below sidebar by Marcel Gerber
- Recognize Vagrantfile as Ruby by al8anp
- Fix: Make Quick Docs content selectable again by Marcel Gerber
- Keep query/replace values when switching between Replace, Replace in Files by Marcel Gerber
- Fix #9363: Code hints keep closing when Find in Files has collapsed results by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix bug with Live Preview Highlight positioning by Marcel Gerber
- Don't pollute prefs with "Show Errors in Status Bar" when unchanged by Marcel Gerber
- Shift-click status bar error indicator to clear it by cheesypoof
- Change 'Reload Without Extensions' to Cmd-Ctrl-R on Mac by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix unit tests for non-English locales by Marcel Gerber
- Fix failing QuickOpen tests on Linux by Marcel Gerber
- Fix: Search says "Over 100000 matches" when there are exactly 100000 matches) by jacksonweekes
- Finish updating Brackets version to 0.45 (note: version number later changed to 1.0) by Triangle717
- Cleanup: Streamline dependencies.js by TuurDutoit
- Cleanup: Remove some deprecated APIs (see list above) (+ part 2, part 3, part 4) by Triangle717
- Brazilian Portuguese translation update by eliezerb
- Croatian translation update by Kruno H
- Czech translation update by kvarel
- Danish translation image update by cyberomin
- Finnish translation update (+ part 2) by valtlait
- French & Japanese translation updates) by pantkowiak
- Galician translation update by Oscar Otero
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Italian translation update by Denisov21
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Swedish translation update (+ part 2) by Mikael Jorhult
- Use real dash instead of HTML entity in Getting Started by Marcel Gerber
- Fix outdated docs links to CodeMirror GitHub by Marcel Gerber
- Fix README typo by Denisov21
- Correct API docs typo by rsperberg
Pulling source code from Git
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (new functionality was added).
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.0
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.0 bugs . Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.