Release Notes: 1.14
What's New in Release 1.14
- Support for Language Server Protocol by subhashjha333 and shubhsnov : Brackets now supports Language Server Protocol. The inbuilt language client can be used and customized to facilitate integration of language servers (such as PHP, Python, and more) to provide features like code hinting, parameter hinting, jump to definition etc.
- PHP Support by niteskum : Brackets now supports PHP via integration of a PHP language server. When writing PHP code, you can take advantage of code hinting, function parameter hinting, jump to definition, document and project wide symbols, find references and linting.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Forcefully disabling renderer accesibility by nethip
- Executing default update process handler, in case auto-update fails. by nethip
- AutoUpdate Mac Installer Script Administrator privileges changes by niteskum
- Linux window size and position by pelatx
- Upgrading node to v6.14.0 by subhashjha333
- Auto Update Error Handlng Fix by niteskum
- JSRefactoring Bugs Fix by niteskum
- Fixed ExtractToVariable Menu Close Issue due to scrolling by niteskum
- Fixed Getter Setter Redo Issue by niteskum
- jsRefactor Rename Relative Path issue fixed by niteskum
- Fixing the mac debug build by vickramdhawal
- Update CSSProperties.json for text-align and text-justify by narayani28
- Update notification - based on current platform by swmitra
- switching from anonymous to pseudonymous to align with the definition… by niteskum
- Removing the old Brackets CLA check by shubhsnov
- Fixed LSP Linting Synchronization Issues by niteskum
- Php Tooling Strings changes by niteskum
- Fix for "GetItNow" action behaviour by swmitra
- Sending Analytics Data for file Operation and LSP features by niteskum
- Fix for PHPCodeHints invocation failure scenarios by shubhsnov
- PHPCodeHints : Select initial element in the hint list by shubhsnov
- Fix : Error occurs when dismissing QuickOpen dialog when no document is open by shubhsnov
- Changes to send data only once per 24 hours by SnchitGrover
- Adding Code Hints Description Box for handling additional hint information in LSP by shubhsnov
- Capability to Support Document & Project Symbols provided by a Language Server by shubhsnov
- LSP Find References Feature by niteskum
- In App Notifications in Brackets by swmitra
Pulling source code from Git
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are bugfixes).
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is not required for this release.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.14
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.14 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.