Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release Notes: 1.2
What's New in Release 1.2
Drag & drop to move selected text: Enable the
dragDropTextpreference to drag and drop any selected text. Works with multiple selections too! (by Marcel Gerber)
- CSS color name code hints: Code hints for standard named colors in CSS/LESS/SCSS, with color swatch preview. (by Marcel Gerber)
- SVG code hints: For tags, attributes, and attribute values - also including named colors. (by Amin Ullah Khan)
- Dart syntax highlighting (by Marcel Gerber)
- Drag & drop to move selected text: Enable the
- Windows High DPI support: Brackets automatically renders text, icons, and images more crisply on high-DPI displays (similar to the appearance on Mac Retina screens).
- Use additional named keys in custom key bindings: PageUp, PageDown, Home, End, Insert, Delete. Can be used by extensions or in user custom key bindings.
- Windows: Improved window positioning: Brackets stays positioned onscreen after a monitor is unplugged or screen resolution is changed.
- Remember last-opened file in File > Open dialog box: Now matches existing Mac & Windows behavior. (by Marcel Gerber)
Split View - The editor pane that is inactive is no longer dimmed. To restore the dimming behavior, install the Zen Pane extension.
jQuery - Upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3
Event listeners - Deprecation warnings occur when extensions use
$().on()/off() on Brackets core modules and model objects. Call
.on()/off() directly instead, as introduced in Brackets 1.1. (For DOM elements, continue to use jQuery events).
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Colors - Use
ColorUtils.COLOR_NAMES for a list of standard CSS/SVG named colors.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- SVG Code Hints (part 2, part 3) by Amin Ullah Khan
dragDropTextto enable drag & drop selected text in editor by Marcel Gerber
- Code hints for CSS named colors, with color swatch previews by Marcel Gerber
- Linux: Remember last-opened file and show proper title in Open/Save pickers by Marcel Gerber
- Enable Dart syntax highlighting by Marcel Gerber
- Add menu item to enable experimental Multi-Browser Live Preview by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
uppercaseColorsto use uppercase color picker hex codes by Triangle717
- Correctly highlight CSS hint matches in dark themes by Amin Ullah Khan
- Fix several issues with color picker's text editing by Marcel Gerber
- Linux: Darker menu-item font weight to improve readability by Mark Simulacrum
- Fix vertical sizing/layout issues when viewing large image files by Edward Januszewski
- Ensure Find in Files match is in the visible part of the line in results panel by Marcel Gerber
- Fix clicking an Extension Manager tab while still loading by Marcel Gerber
- Multi-Browser Live Preview: fix Live Highlight fade-out on Firefox (note: feature disabled by default) by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Improve TokenUtils performance via caching by Marcel Gerber
ColorUtils.COLOR_NAMESarray by Marcel Gerber
- Update jQuery 2.1.1 to 2.1.3 by Marcel Gerber
- Improved error reporting when unzipping extensions fails by Marcel Gerber
- Fix memory leak in CSS & SVG code hints by Marcel Gerber
- Fix memory leak when opening/closing Extension Manager by Marcel Gerber
- Fix localization marker visible on Getting Started page by Pooya Parsa Dadashi
- Fix error logged after uninstalling/disabling the currently active theme (part 2) by Marcel Gerber
- Fix Linux crash in new CEF branch (not released yet) by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Fix deprecation warnings in Multi-Browser Live Preview by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Chinese (Simplified) translation update by Hanhua Hong
- Czech translation update (part 2) by Pavel Dvořák
- Finnish translation update by valtlait
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Romanian translation update by Micleusanu Nicu
- Serbian translation update by Goran Vasić
- Update KeyBindingManager docs by Martin Zagora
- Fixed typos in MainViewFactory docs by Amin Ullah Khan
- Update Copyright year to 2015 by Marcel Gerber
- Update URL to Jasmine (Fixes #10259) by Steffen Bruchmann
Pulling source code from Git
- Highly recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are significant bug fixes and new features).
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.2
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.2 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.