Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release Notes: 1.4
What's New in Release 1.4
Instant Search in Files: Searching across files is faster than ever. Results are now displayed incrementally and updated as you type.
Easier Preferences Editing: All preferences are now available as code hints while editing the
brackets.jsonpreferences file. Opening a preferences file (Debug-> Open Preferences file) will also open the default preferences in a second pane in split mode. This default preferences file will give hand on to user about the preferences and how to use and set values.
Disable Extensions Individually: Extensions can now be individually enabled/disabled from the Extension Manager. Here each extension which has been used will be provided with an option to enable, disable and remove extension from the Extension Manager.
Improved Text Rendering on Mac: Crisp text rendering on Mac with subpixel antialiasing enabled by default. You can use the older text rendering by setting the
Greek and Cyrillic Character support: Updated editor font (Source Code Pro) with improved support for Greek and Cyrillic character sets.
Traverse files in List Order: Files opened in the working set can be traversed in the list order with CTRL+PageUp and CTRL+PageDown.
- Translation updates for: Czech, German, Finnish, French, Japanese, Italian, Swedish
To Traverse working set files in List order, two new options are added to Navigate menu :
Navigate-> Next Document in List
Navigate-> Previous Document in List
PreferencesManager.definePreference was modified to support code hints.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
PreferencesManager.getAllPreferencesreturns a clone of all the preferences defined.
CodeInspection.getProviderIDsForLanguage(languageId)returns names of linters registered for
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
Pulling source code from Git
TODO: any brackets-shell updates? which of the below messages are applicable?
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are bugfixes).
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is not required for this release.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.4
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.4 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.