Release Notes: 1.5
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 1.5
Fold Selected Text: Select any text block in the editor and fold markers will appear to collapse the selected text.
Instant Search (Improved Stability and Performance): Major stability and performance improvements. Find in Files can now index and search robustly in thousands of files instantly.
CSS Code Hints in PHP: CSS code hints are now available for style elements inside PHP files.
Remember Collapsed Linters: Remember collapsed state of linters on switching files.
Improve JS Code Hints performance in minified files: JS Code Hints now perform more efficiently with minified files
Resolve Brackets freezing/crashing on windows on reload: Fixed the crash when reloading Brackets through "Debug > Reload With Extensions" menu
El Capitan Fixes: Fixed full-screen bugs with Brackets on El Capitan.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Allow code-folding for selected text in editor by Patrick Oladimeji
- Resolve Brackets freezing/crashing on windows on reload. by hussainb
- Allow CSS Code Hints in PHP by Amin Ullah Khan
- Remember linter collapsed by ficristo
- Fixed a bug when there is only a linter error and it is collapsed by ficristo
- Do not run jshint tasks twice by ficristo
- Improve JS Code Hints performance in minified files by Marcel Gerber
- Add --disable-default-apps-flag for live preview by petetnt
- Update Lodash -> 3.10.0 by Marcel Gerber
- Update CodeMirror by Marcel Gerber
- Update LESS -> 2.5.1 by Marcel Gerber
- Update phantomjs -> 1.9.18 by Marcel Gerber
- Update CodeMirror by Marcel Gerber
- Add ES6 keywords by Marcel Gerber
- Add grunt task to check for correct nls keys by Marcel Gerber
- fixes #11552 by Martin Zagora
- Convert numbers to strings, so StringMatch can match it. by Amin Ullah Khan
- Add more translatable keys by Marcel Gerber
- Split Handlebars into its own language by Amin Ullah Khan
- Highlight .xsd files as XML by Marcel Gerber
- Move getInitialQuery from FindUtils to FindBar by ficristo
- Remove deprecated file system APIs by Triangle717
- Move PathUtils to Brackets core code by ficristo
- Revert "Move PathUtils to Brackets core code" by Martin Zagora
- Correct URL by rafaelstz
- Update note in readme by stevemao
- Minor spelling correction by jiimaho
- Update strings.js by xxxtonixxx
- Avbröst changed to Avbröts by robertkarlsson
- Finnish translation, release 1.5 by valtlait
- PT-BR translation update by Henrique Aparecido Lavezzo
- Update zh-TW translation by Pei-Tang Huang
- Update Portuguese string by rafaelstz
- Update German Translation by Marcel Gerber
- Update Croation Translation by Kruno H
Pulling source code from Git
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are bugfixes).
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is not required for this release.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.5
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.5 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.