Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release Notes: 1.6
What's New in Release 1.6
Add flip-view and close buttons to pane-headers by petetnt : In split view, documents now can be closed via the new close button added at the right corners of both the panes. Also, document now can be easily moved into the other pane, using the new flip button.
Toggle panels and no-Distraction mode by abose : Brackets now has a no-distraction mode which can be enabled using
Cmd-Shift-2shortcut. Once enabled, this mode will hide the toolbar bar panel on the right as well as the project tree. Panels can now be toggled with the shortcut
- New Flip Buttons have been added to the split panes using which, documents can be moved from one pane to the other.
- An opened document can be removed from working set using the new close Button in the split pane.
- Word wrap now respects the line intents.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- [New feature] Add flip-view and close buttons to pane-headers by petetnt
- Allow CSS Code Hints in PHP by Amin Ullah Khan
- Revert "Move PathUtils to Brackets core code" by Martin Zagora
- Add to HtmlTags.json by verballyinsane
- Simplified Chinese: Fix a few translation messages and placeholders by Michael J.
- Remove references to deprecated FileSystem APIs in SpecRunner by petetnt
- Finnish translation, release 1.5, part 2 by valtlait
- Code folding unit tests by Patrick Oladimeji
- addresses #11356 xml start tags spanning multiple lines by Patrick Oladimeji
- Czech translation for v1.5 by Pavel Dvořák
- Typo in nls/root/strings.js by Pavel Dvořák
- Add UrlCodeHints for poster-attribute by petetnt
- Ensure that .cm-error gets applied last by petetnt
- turtle support added by bozicb
- remove predefined values from cubic-bezier() by myakura
- Port missing piece of the indent-wrap hack from Codemirror. Fixes #11963 by petetnt
- Eslint by ficristo
- Update Tern submodule URL by Marcel Gerber
- ESLint: enabled no-trailing-spaces and eol-last rules by ficristo
- Reintroduce JSLint as a prefered linter by ficristo
- Fix Flipview focus issues by petetnt
Pulling source code from Git
TODO: any brackets-shell updates? which of the below messages are applicable?
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are bugfixes).
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is not required for this release.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.6
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.6 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.