Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release Notes: 1.9
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 1.9
Support for “Replace All” action in Find & Replace by amrelnaggar : Brackets now supports “Replace All” in Find & Replace along with batch operation.
Download count display and extension sorting based on download count by saurabh95 : Extension Manager now displays download count for listed extensions. Extensions can be sorted based on download count or published date in ‘Available’ and ‘Themes’ tab.
Github organization support for Brackets extensions by ficristo : Github organizations can now own brackets extensions. All public owners of organization can update extensions.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Add a feature to toggle between panes in the core by arthur801031
- fix InlineImageViewer example extension by kidwm
- Use standard CSS gradients in Color Editor by valtlai
- Update ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md to cover platform differences by petetnt
- improvements to file system events processing for search by zaggino
- Remove deprecated code using the old preferences system by sprintr
- Update notification icon bug fix by bokub
- Move link to Linux Installation Guide to a more appropriate location by NathanJPlummer
- Add a Code of Conduct by MarcelGerber
- Browser issue by jamran7
- Move npm dependencies inside src and add CodeMirror to them by ficristo
- fixes 3 failing find-in-files tests by zaggino
- Add will-change to css properties by ficristo
- Make file stats available to indexFilter by dakaraphi
- Fix for #12970: Non-default languages and user preferences bug by haslam22
- Add "replace all" button when doing find and replace by amrelnaggar
- Issue #12859 Keyboard modifiers support for simulateKeyEvent by haslam22
- chmod all sub files and folders in temp directory by sriram-dev
- Fix for #12997: Live preview breaks on reload w/out editor by haslam22
- Add a post install 'cleanup' for thirdparty dependencies by ficristo
- Update strings.js by despoinakaz
- Upgrade less from 2.5.1 to 2.7.2 by ficristo
- Skip template literals when extracting JS functions by RaymondLim
- Update Brackets-Linux-Guide link on README.md by petetnt
- English comments were changed to French by ceokzoo
- Add a maxsize check for filetree resize… by ficristo
- Update index.html by jiajun0308
- Updated default dark-theme to hightlight errors by retornam
- When flipping views, if the doc is already open on the other view, show it without closing the original pane by petetnt
- APIs for manipulating gutters by thehogfather
- use npm to download extension dependencies after installing from registry by zaggino
- Styled the src/extensions README by ficristo
- Added Go(lang) to default languages by amller
- Move node dependencies to toplevel package.json by ficristo
- update codemirror to 5.24.0 by zaggino
- Disabled context menu items for unsaved files by mansimarkaur
- #11801 - Restricted Font Size Input To Only Valid Entries by nyteksf
- Update Finnish strings.js for (current) 1.9 by 39bit
- test (eslint) should be run before cla-check-pull by zaggino
- introduce no-else-return rule as a warning by zaggino
- Remove normalizeFilename function by ficristo
- Adds Filter Exclusion Name character limit & related UI by bomanimc
- add husky to prevent pushing failing code by zaggino
- add syntax highlighting for pug (jade) templating language by zaggino
- add support for universal (language independent) code inspector by zaggino
- eslint stylistic rules by zaggino
- #7723 - Adding Support For '0x' Notation Color Format by nyteksf
- Create tests for Disabled context menu items for unsaved files / #12806 #13134 by leeyimin
- Create config.json based on task run by ficristo
- French translation: Update uppercases by damienbigot
- Zaggino/update extension manager deps by zaggino
- Do not initialize dontCloseTags by ficristo
Pulling source code from Git
TODO: any brackets-shell updates? which of the below messages are applicable?
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Recommended: rebuild or reinstall an updated brackets-shell (no critical updates, but there are bugfixes).
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is not required for this release.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
Bugs fixed in Release 1.9
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 1.9 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.