Release notes: Sprint 11
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 11
Our main goals this sprint were to grow the core feature set (starting on code hinting); continue preparing for the migration to a CEF3-based native app shell; and stay responsive to the fast-growing Brackets community. We're grateful for receiving both feedback as well as an increasing number of bug fixes and other patches from the community. This sprint we merged a number of external pull requests and evaluated many bug reports & feature requests.
- Code Hinting
- Native Shell
- Esc key shortcut: Pressing Esc while a menu of code hint popup is open closes it. While the cursor is inside an inline editor, Esc closes it. While the cursor is in a regular full-size editor, Esc closes all inline editors that are open in it.
no major changes to existing UI
- FileViewController - now dispatches "fileViewFocusChange" when the selection focus changes between the project tree and the working set, but the current document didn't change
- ProjectManager - loadProject() is now private. Use openProject() instead: it now accepts an optional project path. If no path is specified, the Folder Chooser dialog is still invoked as before. If a project path is specified, then the current project is closed and the new project is opened.
New Extensibility APIs / API Enhancements
- Menus - addMenuItem() now supports inserting new menu items relative to a general "menu group" rather than next to a specific existing menu item. See the Menus.MenuSection constants.
- #1283: Text selection highlight jitters when horizontally resizing window -- will be fixed in the next sprint's CodeMirror upstream merge.
- #1267: Text selection highlight doesn't extend further to the right if you scroll the editor horizontally -- will be fixed in the next sprint's CodeMirror upstream merge.
Contributions from Brackets
- To CodeMirror: Bug fix to prevent selection from being lost when using Ctrl+click to right-click on a Mac.
Core code updates (pull requests)
- CFML Syntax Highlighting (as HTML) by Pete Freitag
- Update Submodule Path To Use HTTPS by Moritz Heuser
- Improve Console Output For Live Development Errors by Dennis Kehrig
- FIX 1028: File should be in working set after File > New by Sebastian Rodriguez
- FIX 926: On last line of file, Duplicate clones text within line instead of adding new line by Junk
- FIX 1100: Update Source To Adhere to Quote Style Guide by Jon Wolfe
- FIX 1133: Update _shouldShowInTree To Only Hide Specified Hidden Files. by Tucker Whitehouse
Bugs fixed in Sprint 11
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 11 bugs. A few other bugs might have been fixed that weren't tagged.
Thanks especially to the bug fixes contributed from the community this sprint (see list of contributions above).