Release Notes: Sprint 30
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 30
- Mac OS 10.6 support restored: Brackets once again runs on 10.6
Linux Preview Build
- Linux build now supports: Extension Manager (install extensions), Live Preview Highlighting, saving Untitled documents, Save As, Delete file/folder, various extensions that require Node. Several install issues fixed.
- Warning: The Linux build is still a preview – it doesn't have all the features and stability of the Mac/Windows builds yet.
- Replace All: Click "All" in the Replace bar to display a panel showing all occurrences that will be replaced. You can review and uncheck any occurrences you don't want to change, then replace all the rest with a single click.
Function parameter hints: Hints appear automatically when you first type inside
()s, or when invoked manually with Ctrl+Shift+Space.
- Function parameter hints: Hints appear automatically when you first type inside
- Code hints for CSS Regions named flows: Hints names used in the same file
Files and Folders
- Support "Open With..." in Windows: The file explorer context menu's Open With list now includes Brackets for all file types Brackets supports out of the box. (Already supported on Mac).
- Ongoing Research (not implemented yet)
Blue selected-file highlight - The selection marker indicating the currently open file now shows the file name in "Brackets blue" text, matching the Brackets logo.
Editor current-line highlight - Line highlight is now hidden whenever there's a text selection, to improve contrast and reduce confusion with whole-line selections.
Live Development - Sprint 30 breaks the API for registering servers to
LiveDevServerManager. We've also introduced a new "server" concept for handling live preview that manages startup, document handling, and URL resolution. See Live Preview API wiki page for details.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Async utils - The new
Async.chain() API works much like
Async.doSequentially(), but with an array of different functions whose results are piped together (rather than a single homogenous function repeated over a static array of data).
Editor.setCursorPos() - New, optional
expandTabs argument similar to the one in
- Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) by default will not allow Brackets to run since it's not digitally signed yet. To work around this, right click the Brackets app and choose Open. You only need to do that once -- afterward, launching Brackets the normal way will work also.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- #3207: If you use a Sprint 21 or earlier build after using this build at least once, a few preferences such as Recent Projects may get reset. (You can back up your cache folder if you're concerned about this).
- #4362: Slow startup of Brackets and Live Preview on Windows due to Chrome proxy settings. See workaround https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/106010?hl=en.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Implement Node.js on Linux by Tim Burgess
- Replace All (and) by Martin Zagora
- Linux: Implement Delete file/folder by eyelash
- Active line highlight: Hide when text is selected (and) by Lance Campbell
- Active line highlight: Cover line numbers too; hide when not focused by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix tabbing through dialog box controls, improve layering of nested dialogs by Tomás Malbrán
- Linux: Fix 'hacking on Brackets' scripts by Andreas Renberg
- Fix #4781: After stopping Replace, next Find isn't prepopulated with selection by Martin Zagora
- Fix #4784: Correct singular strings in Find bar by Corné Dorrestijn
word-breakmissing from CSS hints by Tom Erik Støwer
- Fix truncation when Find/Find in Files string very wide by Martin Zagora (fix not visible yet - see #4940)
- Allow theme extensions to style active line highlight by John Amiah Ford
- Support tab expansion in Editor.setCursorPos() by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix unit test failure when indentation is set to tabs by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix #4750: Debug > Switch Language ignores Cancel button by Tomás Malbrán
- UI tweak to Debug > Show Performance Data results by Robert Gawdzik
- German translation update (part 2, part 3) by mynetx
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Swedish translation update by Mikael Jorhult
- Turkish translation update by Veysi Ertekin
- Turkish translation update by Mahmut Bulut
- Czech translation update by kvarel
Pulling source code from Git
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint. Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- A submodule URL was changed this sprint. Run
git submodule syncand then
git submodule update --init --recursiveto ensure your local source tree reflects the update.
- The Windows "Open With" feature noted above only works with installed builds of Brackets. Copies of brackets-shell you build yourself will not appear in the "Open With" list.
Bugs fixed in Sprint 30
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 30 bugs. A few of the fixed bugs might not be caught by this search query, however.