Release Notes: Sprint 32
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 32
- Launch with non-HTML file selected: Brackets will automatically find a nearby index.html file to use. No more switching away from your CSS file to start Live Preview!
- Improved Find performance when searching in large files
- Fixed lag while editing JS code inside a <script> block
- Fixed bugs in Windows dark-themed window chrome
- HTML syntax highlighting visible while cursor on tag: HTML close/open tag highlighting now permits the regular syntax highlighting to show through.
- Quick Edit results list easier to scan: File name is better distinguished from selector text.
- Under the hood
Embedded Node server - Upgraded from 0.8 to 0.10. Migrated from node-unzip to decompress-zip. (Only affects extensions that use NodeConnection to run code on the Node server side).
FileUtils.getFilenameExtension() has been deprecated in favor of the new
FileUtils.getFileExtension(). The old API may be removed in a near-future sprint.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Linting/inspection - Use
CodeInspection.inspectFile() to headlessly (no UI updates) get linting results for any file.
Paths - New
NativeFileSystem.isRelativePath() utility (given a string).
- Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) by default will not allow Brackets to run since it's not digitally signed yet. To work around this, right click the Brackets app and choose Open. You only need to do that once -- afterward, launching Brackets the normal way will work also.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- #3207: If you use a Sprint 21 or earlier build after using this build at least once, a few preferences such as Recent Projects may get reset. (You can back up your cache folder if you're concerned about this).
- #4362: Slow startup of Brackets and Live Preview on Windows due to Chrome proxy settings. See workaround.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Add CodeInspection.inspectFile() headless API by Martin Zagora
- Fix #5310: Many items in 'Edit' menu do nothing on Linux (and) by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corporation)
- Fix #5362: Linux menu dropdowns appear below bottom panel headers by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corporation)
- Add to HTML tag hinting by Oskar Tjoskar
- Highlight Dust.js (.dust) templates as generic EJS templates by Josh Parolin
- Re-enable unit tests for HTML Menu rendering by Lance Campbell
- Disable 'Restart' button in Debug > Switch Language when language not changed by Marcel Gerber
- Fix #5173: Find in Files titlebar doesn't support proper localization by Tomás Malbrán
- German translation fix by Marcel Gerber
- Turkish translation update by Muhammet Ali Bekiroglu
- Czech translation update by kvarel
- Czech translation update by Martin Starman
- Czech translation typo fix by Martin Starman
- Finnish translation screenshot by Wouter92
- Fix JSDoc parameter name by Ashok Gelal
Pulling source code from Git
- It is now possible to build brackets-shell with XCode 5.
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint (due to the Node upgrade). Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- brackets-shell's Node dependencies have changed. Run
npm installbefore rebuilding brackets-shell.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Sprint 32
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 32 bugs. A few of the fixed bugs might not be caught by this search query, however.