Flappy Bird - QLearning
- @author Anthony (Tony) Poerio
- @email email@example.com
WARNING: If you are a Pitt Student -- Do NOT copy/paste this code for your homework assignment
Your professor knows you're doing it, and you will get caught. Do your own work.
I also have this linked from my blog and don't feel like breaking links by making this private to stop you from cheating. Just don't.
This project contains the implementation of a Q-Learning Artificial Intelligence for learning to play the popular video game Flappy Bird.
The project folder is divided into two sections:
- The original game (unmodified, and made by @TimoWilken)
- My modified game which contains an AI-Agent made to learn and play Flappy Bird automatically
The source code for my AI contained in the folder named 'updated_game'
Running the program
To use my smart bird, simply take the following steps:
- cd into a directory containing my source code
- Ensure that this directory includes the file named ‘qdata.txt’
- Run the command:
python flappybird.py "qdata.txt"
- Watch Flappy crush it. (the game will run 10x)
The report for this section is found starting on the first page of the document located at:
This source code is written using python version 2.7.8
This project depends upon Python v. 2.7.8
I am also using the itertools python library
You must also have the config files you intend to read from in the same directory as the source code
- Python v. 2.7.8
- Project done for Rebecca Hwa's Artificial Intelligence class at the University of Pittsburgh
- Implementation ideas from: http://sarvagyavaish.github.io/FlappyBirdRL/
- Also consulted: http://mnemstudio.org/path-finding-q-learning-tutorial.htm