- install dependencies (Redis, Node.js)
- clone Hubot IRC Runnable to whatever you want to call your new bot
- change to the new folder for the bot
- add a file called external-scripts.json that contains this ["hubot-logger"]
- edit package.json to have hubot-logger as a dependency
edit the hubot-scripts.json to suit whatever scripts you want
(note: tweet.coffee was broken at time of this writing, you may want to delete it from this file)
edit the environmental variables in runbot.sh to what you want
add IRCLOGS_FOLDER with path to where you want to store your logs
add line that specifies IRCLOGS_PORT if you want something other than 8086
You can then access your logs in a web browser at localhost:8086/irclogs (change port if you specified something different).
Enjoy Hubot Logging your IRC channels!