The web has become bloated and gluttonous. Whisper is a tool that removes the gunk and focuses on the essentials. It is just you and your words. Save your files and Whisper does the rest. Here is how it works...
Whisper generates your website from markdown files stored in Dropbox. Once you have Whisper set up, any changes you make to your markdown files will get converted to HTML and pushed to your website. That's it.
- No code editors
- No databases
- No CMS
- No command lines
- No uploading
- No templating languages
- No messing with HTML (unless you want to)
For complete instructions on how to set up Whisper read https://adrian3.github.io/whisper/setup.html.
- Add themes
- Add support for blog comments (disqus?)
- Add flexibility with how the date format of blog posts are handled
- Automated Dropbox authentication to simplify setup
- Is there any interest in a hosted version of Whisper where you could create websites without a hosting plan?