|Author:||Tobias Schlitt <email@example.com>|
App indicator to provide a menu with (potentially funny UTF-8) characters for simple copying them to clipboard (similar to original characters applet).
Create a file .indicator-chars in your home directory with lines of characters to be selectable.
Fork by Cyrille37
- Some changes to make indicator-chars works on Ubuntu 12.04LTS with Unity 2D
- replace the custom icon with a theme icon name
- add a char copy into Clipboard(selection="CLIPBOARD")
- Other minors changes
- use env to find the Python engine
- add a configuration file example: "conf-example.indicator-chars"
Fork by Adrian I Lam
|Author:||Adrian I Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Changes to Cyrille37's fork:
- port to Python 3 from Python 2
- use the svg custom icon
- Checkout source code
- Create ~/.indicator-chars
- Each row corresponds to a set of chars
- Optional submenu title prefix: "[title]" (trailing spaces stripped)
- Optional descriptions after chars: "(description)" (leading & trailing spaces stripped)
- Spaces (apart from above) also count as chars
- Make sure to use UTF-8 encoding
- Put indicator-chars.py into auto start
- If anyone could design a nice, unity style indicator icon?
- Maybe there is a way to use multiple click buttons in menu items?
- No standard Gtk way does not work.