Pidgin plugin for windows 8 toast notifications using console-toast-8. Toast notifications contain the senders alias, avatar and leading message content.
Secondly, this project displays toasts by invoking console-toast-8 via the console, so you will need to clone and build that too.
- Install a flavour of Perl for Windows if you don't have it already:
- Restart Pidgin and go to Help:Build Information in the menu. Scroll to the bottom and check for "Perl: Enabled". If Perl is disabled, restart and/or reinstall Pidgin or reinstall Perl until it is enabled.
- Save the .pl script under C:\Users\your_user\AppData\Roaming\.purple\plugins (plugins dir might not exist yet).
- Save pidgin.ico in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin (this is used as the application icon which appears on the toast).
- Clone and build console-toast-8, then add \bin\Release to your PATH.
- Restart pidgin.
- Check that the script is enabled under Tools->Plugins.
- Optionally you can unpin the pidgin-toast-8 shortcut from your start screen, just don't delete the physical shortcut (this is required for toasts to work).
- Optionally you can edit the call to console-toast-8 to make notifications silent or remove avatars for more text (check the readme for options).
GNU GPL v2 (as required by Pidgin).