REST Console is an HTTP Request Visualizer and Constructor tool, helps developers build, debug and test RESTful APIs.
Your tabs and browsing activity: The only access to tabs we need is for launching the oAuth Authorization page to the 3rd party oAuth provider.
Your data on all websites: This is somewhat misleading, we ask for
*://*/*access so that developers can make API calls to ANY URL ...
we don't collect any personal data and we don't want access to your data on all websites, we simply have to use that permission so developers can use the App on all urls.
- Syntax highlighting (multiple themes)
- Custom headers
- Construct POST or PUT body via raw input
- Auto Complete
- File upload
- Easy query parameters creation
- Add custom headers through intuitive ui
- Authentication support: Plain, Basic, OAuth + Custom
- Keyboard navigation and shortcuts
- Customizable Interface
- Request History
- Auto Complete all Fields
- HAR Support
- Send Binary Files as Body
- v4.1.0 oAuth improvements + more
- v4.0.2 oAuth improvements, Collapsible sections, Clickable Links in Response, UI enhancements, Bug Fixes.
- v4.0.1 Corrupted images in the previous build now fixed.
- v4.0.0 Brand New UI, enhanced oAuth, Multiple files upload, HTML Response preview.
- v3.0.7 Moving project to github.
- v3.0.6 UI enhancements, File uploads + "Save Default" Option.
- v3.0.5 More keyboard shortcuts.
- v3.0.4 Bug Fixes.
- v3.0.3 Keyboard navigation, Bug Fixes.
- v3.0.2 Syntax Highlighting themes, Collapsible sections, Options.
- v3.0.1 RAW request body, Bug Fixes.
- v3.0.0 Brand New UI.
- v2.1.1 Bug Fixes.
- v2.1.0 Added OAuth1.0a support, Bug Fixes.
- v2.0.0 Revamped Design.
- v1.0.0 Released!
REST Console will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the follow format:
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
Have a bug? Please create an issue on GitHub!
Keep up to date on announcements and more by following REST Console on Twitter, @RESTConsole.
Copyright 2011 Code in Chaos Inc.
Licensed under The MIT License (MIT): http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
3rd Party Components
- MooTools: MIT/GPL license
- Mooml: MIT/GPL license
- oAuth JS Library: MIT/GPL license
- Zend Framework: MIT/GPL license
Show us you care and help support this project: