YLoader is a free stock quotes downloader for Windows.
You can find the complete product documentation and download the most recent stable binaries from http://www.yloader.com.
This document is work in progress and quite incomplete. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have any questions.
YLoader is free open-source software distributed under the Terms and Conditions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
For using YLoader, no restrictions apply. You can further redistribute and/or modify this software under the terms of the GPL.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
For details, have a look at the full text of the GPL in the LICENSE file or at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
3rd party components
YLoader uses several 3rd party components, as source code, libraries (need to be downloaded, installed and built separately), or applications. The source code components are already part of the YLoader project, however the libraries and applications need to be downloaded and installed (and libraries built as well) prior to building YLoader. Here is the list:
- CSettingsDlg, a settings dialog class: https://www.codeproject.com/articles/1831/csettingsdialog-a-dialog-customizing-your-project
- CReportCtrl, a List control wrapper class: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/4014/CReportCtrl-An-extremely-convenient-version-of-rep
- CDropEdit, a drag & drop enabled CEdit wrapper class: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1899/CDropEdit
- boost, a set of portable C++ libraries: http://www.boost.org
- libcurl, a multiprotocol file transfer library: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/
- JSON for modern C++, a JSON C++ library: https://github.com/nlohmann/json
- OpenSSL, a TLS and SSL toolkit: https://www.openssl.org
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition
- Doxygen (optional), documentation generator: http://wwww.doxygen.org
- NSIS - Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (optional), a Windows installer generator: http://nsis.sourceforge.net
Building YLoader from sources
To successfully build YLoader, you will need to set up your environment first.
- Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. Make sure to select C++ and all sub-options required to build Windows applications written in C++ using MFC. Install any service packs to bring VS up-to-date.
- Download and install:
- boost 1.60 (there are newer versions, but 1.60 is the last version that can still be built to run on Windows XP)
- JSON for C++