A curated list of delicious Robot Framework recipes that will help you develop new test automation scripts faster, especially for beginner or intermediate level engineers.
If you need help writing Robot Framework scripts or wish to update older scripts to use newer syntax then you have come to the right place. Here we will compile and maintain recipes of working Robot Framework scripts that can be used in your domain.
In the first part of the cookbook there are many simple recipes showing how to use builtin keywords and additional keywords from both internal and external Robot Framework libraries. Towards the back of the cookbook there are complete case studies demonstrating whole projects and test automation solutions.
Other useful resources
- Robot Framework Organization
- Beginners Guide to Robot Framework
- Robot Framework Quick Start Guide
- Robot Framework User Guide
- Robot Framework documentation
- GitHub (Documentation, Source Code & Issue Tracker)
- Awesome Robot Framework
- Robot Framework - Learn the basics
- Robot Framework Cheat Sheet and Quick Reference (credit: robocorp)
Notes for contributors
Contributions from the wider community are most welcome! Contributions can be either single recipes or whole case studies.
We recommend using Robotidy to help standardise the format of the Robot Framework code.
We also recommend using the Robot Framework Robocop static analysis tool to check your scripts are clean before submission. Robocop can be installed using pip:
$ pip install -U robotframework-robocop
Issues are welcome and you can use them to post ideas for new recipes or report bugs and other observations for exisiting recipes.
For larger submissions simply clone this repository, create a feature branch (or work directly on master) and submit a pull request to merge your branch. If you are not comfortable with Git workflow then simply post your submission on the #cookbook Slack channel and I will help you publish your recipe or case study.
Table of contents
- Standard Library - BuiltIn
- Standard Library - Collections
- Standard Library - DateTime
- Standard Library - OperatingSystem
- Standard Library - Process
- Standard Library - Remote
- Standard Library - String
- Standard Library - XML
- External Library - REST API
- External Library - Databases
- External Library - SSH
- External Library - Parallel executor for Robot Framework test cases (pabot)
- External Library - SeleniumLibrary and SeleniumTestability
- External Library - AWSLibrary - for interacting with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Computing Services
- External Library - Robot Framework Browser library powered by Playwright.
- Robot Framework 4
- Case Studies
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!