album-shelf is a static web page to display and explore my collection of music records.
Screenshot from adrienjoly.com/album-shelf:
It uses Jekyll to render the list in HTML from a YAML data file (see
albums.yaml) and Github-pages to make it accessible to the public.
If you want to have a similar page for your own album collection, feel free to fork this repository and replace my list of albums by yours!
How to publish my own collection?
Notice: In order to create and publish your collection, you need to have a Github account, to be familiar with
gitand with the use of the command line.
Follow these steps:
- fork this repository into your own Github account;
- update your copy of
_config.ymlto fill your name and Google Analytics ID;
- edit your copy of
- test your changes locally by running
npm install, then
- commit and push your changes to your fork repository (e.g. using
- activate Github-pages on your
masterbranch, as displayed below:
- browse your collection on