Clone this wiki locally
Flambe is a fast, expressive, and cross-platform engine for Flash and HTML5 games.
See the installation guide.
The source code for these samples and others are available in the demo repository.
Flambe does a few things very well:
- Really fast renderers for HTML5 canvas, WebGL, and Stage3D.
- An intuitive asset loading system.
- Support for input devices: mouse, touch, keyboard, accelerometer.
- Excellent mobile web support.
- Builds native mobile apps using Adobe AIR with Stage3D.
- Audio playback that just works, even in HTML5. Place a .mp3 and .ogg in your assets/ directory, and Flambe does the rest.
- Bitmap fonts, created in any tool that uses the BMFont format.
- Scene management.
- Support for Flump animations to efficiently display assets created in Flash.
- Particle systems imported from Particle Designer.
- Asset live-reloading for development. Change an asset and immediately see the change in the running game, with no restart.
...and more! See the issues page to get a feel for Flambe's roadmap and report bugs.