Clone this wiki locally
Be notified of new releases by joining the mailing list.
Flambe 4.1.0: Sep 6, 2014
- This release requires Haxe 3.1.3.
- Added Component.onStart, onStop.
- Added Entity.getFromParents, getFromChildren.
- Added disposeFiles() methods to Library, EmitterMold, Font.
- Added System.renderer.maxTextureSize.
- Added BlendMode.Multiply and Screen.
- Added password field to Android and iOS signing options in flambe.yaml.
--haxe-server, for IDE authors.
Flambe 4.0.0: Mar 5, 2014
- See Migrating to Flambe 4 for step-by-step instructions to migrating your project.
- Added Firefox OS platform target.
- Added System.renderer.
- Added Texture.subTexture(), Texture.split(), for conveniently working with texture atlases.
- Added Library.fromFlipbooks(), for support for non-Flump flipbook animations.
- Added Sprite.pointerIn/pointerOut signals.
- Added TextSprite.letterSpacing/lineSpacing.
- Added Font.lineHeight.
- Added flambe.util.Pool.
- Added an observable Playback.complete.
- Added flambe.script.PlaySound.
-D flambe_transparentfor transparent canvas backgrounds, HTML only.
-D flambe_disable_html_retinato disable canvas DPI scaling.
- Right-click events are now passed to the game.
- Implemented stage.lockOrientation() in HTML.
- HTML asset loader improvements and fixes.
- Improved support for Kindle Fire, Microsoft Surface, iOS 7.1.
- Newly formatted API documentation.
- Minimum Flash version increased to 11.2.
- Minimum AIR version increased to 4.0.
- Added new code sample: https://github.com/aduros/flambe-demos/tree/master/shmup
Flambe 3.1.2: Nov 7, 2013
- Support the new Web Audio spec used by Firefox.
- Calls to emit() again while a signal is already dispatching will be queued up for when the dispatch ends instead of asserting.
- Lots of little fixes and optimizations to Flump, audio, and rendering.
Flambe 3.1.1: Jul 28, 2013
- Added support for using AIR native extensions (ANEs) and SWCs. Just place them in your libs/ directory. See this demo for an example.
- Added iOS support to the new build tool.
- Added more config options to flambe.yaml: "android", "ios", "extra_paths", "orientation", and "fullscreen". Check the default flambe.yaml for documentation on those.
- Fixed the tilted graphics bug on the Android 4 stock browser.
flambe serveport to 7000 so it doesn't conflict with standard Mac tools, thanks Stéphane Le Dorze.
- Removed wafl. The
flambecommand is the only supported build tool.
Flambe 3.1.0: Jul 21, 2013
- New and highly improved build tool. The
flambecommand will replace wafl/Python in a later version. See Migrating to the Flambe command for more info.
- Live asset reloading in debug builds. Change an image, sound, or file in the assets/ directory and see the change reflected in the running game, no restart required. Thanks Dion Whitehead Amago.
- Web browsers running debug builds will automatically refresh when the game is rebuilt.
- Enable remote debugging for AIR debug builds.
- AssetPack.getFile now returns a File instead of a String. Call toString() to get at the string data.
- Added Sprite.pixelSnapping and default it to true. This avoids image rendering fuzziness in WebGL and Stage3D.
- AssetPack, Texture, Image, and File now implement Disposable.
- Added support for radial particle emitters, thanks Ali Jaya Meilio Lie.
- Added EmitterSprite.numParticles.
- Added overdraw visualization for performance testing, toggle it in debug builds by pressing ctrl-O.
Flambe 3.0.0: Jun 17, 2013
- This release requires Haxe 3. See Migrating to Flambe 3 for more info.
- Enabled the WebGL renderer by default, with fallback to canvas.
- Fixed a Storage corner-case on Chrome Flash, thanks Vrian Candelaria.
- Enable retina resolution on iPhone 5 HTML, thanks Keith McCullough.
- Added Arrays.indexOf/lastIndexOf.
Flambe 2.3: May 31, 2013
- Added System.motion, thanks Bradley Baysinger.
- Sounds automatically pause when the app is hidden, thanks Kipp Ashford.
- Added TextSprite.wrapWidth and align. TextSprite.text now supports newline characters (\n).
- Revamped HTML asset loading. Implemented progress event support for all asset types. Stalled downloads are automatically retried.
- Added support for WebP and JPEG-XR images, that are conditionally loaded on platforms that support them, similar to audio. In practice, Chrome supports WebP, IE9 and Flash support JPEG-XR.
- System.web.openBrowser no longer gets popup blocked in Flash on some browsers.
- MoviePlayer.movie is now an observable Value.
Flambe 2.2: Feb 5, 2013
- Important Flump fixes. If you use Flump, you should upgrade and re-export your assets with the latest Flump version.
- Added System.volume for easy global volume control, thanks Kipp Ashford.
- Added experimental WebGL renderer, see issue #8 for more info.
- Flambe 2.2b: Installer and AIR bug fixes.
Flambe 2.1: Jan 13, 2013
- Added Sprite.scissor for rectangle masking.
- Added Manifest.relativeBasePath/externalBasePath for loading assets from another location (such as a CDN).
- Added EmitterSprite/EmitterMold for displaying particle systems exported from Particle Designer.
- Added optional default value to Storage.get().
- Enabled Adobe Scout profiling in debug builds.
- IE10 fixes.
Flambe 2.0: Dec 2, 2012
- This release contains important breaking changes! See Migrating to Flambe 2.0 for details.
- Added Texture.graphics for drawing to a texture. Use System.createTexture() to create an empty texture.
- Added Texture.readPixels and writePixels for direct pixel access.
- Added flambe.script.FirstOf, thanks Santiago V.
- Added Keyboard.backButton.
- Added MovieSprite.looped.
- Added optional append parameter to Entity.addChild.
- Added Sprite.render.
- Increased minimum Flash version to 11, removed BitmapData renderer.
- Tons of polish and optimization to the Stage3D renderer.
- Optimizations to core classes (entities and signals).
Flambe 1.5: Nov 10, 2012
- Switched to more robust pointer event handling. Adding a listener to a parent sprite will now detect clicks on its children.
- Added PointerEvent.hit.
- Added Sprite.pointerEnabled, getLocalMatrix(), hitTest(), and getBounds().
- Added System.time.
- Added a rendering inspector to help developers find bugs and performance issues. Press CTRL-I in an HTML debug build to inspect a frame. See this example output from the Flump monster demo, showing all canvas calls and a screenshot after each draw call.
- Support for skewing in Flump animations.
- Memory and renderer optimizations.
- API change: System.logger is now System.createLogger.
Flambe 1.4: Oct 23, 2012
- Added transitions support to flambe.scene.Director.
- Added flambe.SpeedAdjuster for slow motion effects.
- Added flambe.util.PackageLog for more convenient logging.
- Flump additions: MoviePlayer, PlayMovie, MovieSprite.paused.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- API change: Sprite.visible and FillSprite.color are primitives instead of reactive Values.
Flambe 1.3: Aug 27, 2012
- Added System.touch, for handling multi-touch events.
- Added fullscreen API to System.stage.
- Added PointerEvent.stopPropagation().
- Added lots more easing functions.
- Support for bitmap font kerning.
- API change: moved flambe.animation.Easing to flambe.animation.Ease.
- Flambe 1.3b: Build fix for systems with spaces in their Haxe path.
Flambe 1.2: Jul 29, 2012
- Haxe 2.10 or higher is now required.
- Installing Flambe is even easier: The Android SDK is no longer required to develop for Android.
- Added System.mouse, for access to mouse-specific features.
- Added System.web, for displaying WebViews over the stage and opening browser tabs.
- Support for Web Audio API, in at least Chrome, Safari and iOS 6.
- Script.run() returns a Disposable that can be used to stop an action.
Flambe 1.1: Jul 2, 2012
- Replaced key codes with a key enum.
- Mouse events in HTML behave more like Flash when dragging outside of the stage.
- Enabled iOS compilation.
- Android compilation fixes in Windows.
- Python 3 support in wafl.
Flambe 1.0: Jun 18, 2012
- Initial stable release.
Flambe 0.0: Mar 23, 2011
- First commit!