Adventure Game Studio
Licensed under the Artistic License 2.0, see License.txt.
To get started building the AGS engine, see the platform specific instructions or forum threads:
- Linux (Forum thread)
- Windows (Forum thread)
- Android (Forum thread)
- iOS (Forum thread)
- PSP (Forum thread)
- Mac OS X (Forum thread)
Please report bugs and feature requests at the AGS Issue Tracker!
We are happy about every contributor, so if you want to help out, you can get commit access to the adventuregamestudio/ags repository.
There is also always the possibility of pushing changes to a personal fork and then creating a pull request. This is also a good idea if you have commit access, but feel that changes you made should be reviewed before inclusion.
The master branch should be kept in a working state and always compilable on all targeted platforms. Larger changes that potentially break things temporarily should first be made in other branches or in personal forks.
AGS game compatibility:
This runtime engine port is not compatible with all AGS games. There are the following restrictions:
- Supported AGS versions right now are all starting from 2.50 even though running games below version 3.2x is experimental. You can check the version of AGS a game was made with by examining the properties of the game executable. If you try to run a game made with a newer or older version of AGS, you will receive an error when trying to launch the game.
- Savegames are compatible between the different platforms if they are created with the same engine version.
- Games that depend on plugins for which there is no platform-independent replacement will not load.
Changes from Chris Jones' version of AGS
This version of AGS contains changes from the version published by Chris Jones. The run-time engine was ported to Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X and PSP and a refactoring effort is under way. A detailed documentation of the changes is provided in the form of the git log of this git repository (https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags).
- Adventure Game Studio by Chris Jones (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/)
- Linux port by berolinux (http://gitorious.org/ags)
- Additional code by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer and Christian Morales Vega
- PSP Eboot artwork by Paul Wilkinson (subspark)
- AGSBlend plugin by Steven Poulton (see License_AGSBlend.txt)
- PSP, Android, iOS ports and continued development by JJS