KDevelop 4.x Ruby Language Support
This is the old stable ruby support developed by Alexander Dymo and Richard Dale for KDevelop 3.x and ported to 4.x.
Supported KDevelop versions: 4.2 and higher.
New Ruby support plugin is under active development: https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins/kdev-ruby/repository
Use this plugin only if you'd like to have very basic, but absolutely stable Ruby language support in KDevelop.
- basic Ruby code parsing (without syntax checking)
- quick open navigation for files, classes, functions
- quick Rails switchers to controllers, models, views, tests
- launcher for current program and current Ruby file
- launcher for Ruby Test::Unit test under the cursor
Why are there two Ruby support plugins for KDevelop?
This plugin is old and very stable. I (Alexander Dymo) use it daily for my work and maintain it. New plugin has more potential, better code (especially Ruby parser and semantic analyzer) and vastly more features, but it's not released yet.
Is this plugin maintained/supported? Will it be maintained in the future?
Yes. I use it daily and update as necessary. I'll stop maintaining this plugin only when new one is stabilized and released.
How do I install this plugin?
It's simple, see INSTALL file for details.
Do you provide packages?