A lot of small useful scripts
This repo has been built over the years as the result of working on vk.com community on AE expressions and scripts.
The main purpose of the repository is education, so you are free to use these scripts in any way you see fit. Some of these scripts are unfinished or may work not as expected.
All scripts are released under Creative Commons CC-BY 3.0 License which generally means, do whatever you want (this includes using these tools for you commercial projects and including them in your own scripts) until you mention the author.
- addRoundedShape.jsx – Just adds a blank shape object with rounded Line Cap and Line Join
- batchChangeTiming.jsx – Script used for batch change timing of selected compositions or actve comp with all layers
- batchParent.jsx – parent a bunch of layers to another bunch
- changeAllFonts.jsx – changes all fonts in a composition to a given one
- copyMarkersToComp.jsx – unfinished an experiment to transfer markers from a layer to compotion
- csvreader.jsx – an example of parsing csv file into AE comps
- debughelper.jsx – unfinished an experiment to create a text panel connected to selected properties
- dropNthFrame.jsx – drops every Nth frame starting from a given
- dynamic_bbox.jsx – draws dynamic rectangle shape around text or any other object. Only for AE 13.2 and higher
- enableDisableExpression.jsx – enables, disables or removes all expressions on selected layers
- filterInput.jsx – snippet to filter edittext input to only numbers
- getPropertyParent.jsx – snippet to get the property parent layer
- guiTemplate.jsx – just a template for GUI
- importBoujouTracking.jsx – imports Boujou 2d tracks to AE
- keyReverse.jsx – reverses keyframes at playhead (similar to Adobe Edge)
- makeClosest16.jsx – script for making comp size divisible by 16
- makeAllStrokesRound.jsx – Sets Line Cap and Line Join to Round for every stroke in selected Shape Layers.
- newAdjust.jsx – snippet that lets you name the new Adjustment Layer before it's created
- newTrimmedNull.jsx – creates a null trimmed to the highest selected layer
- nicePrecomp.jsx – Experiment to make nice and clean precomps. Works for AE prior to CC, where "adjust precomp to layers"
- nullsToOne.jsx – snippet for converting a pack of nulls into one
- openProjectFolder.jsx – Opens Project Folder
- precompSelected.jsx – snippet to precomp all selected layers into separate comps
- prop2null.jsx – adds parented Null for each selected spatial property (like Corner Pin / Page Turn / Position)
- renderAll.jsx – Script for creating new version of active or selected comps and rendering them with preset templates to the "render" subfolder of a project folder
- setBounceExpression.jsx – This script is used to set a classic bounce expression to the selected property and link it to slider controls
- separateBrushes.jsx – snippet to separate brushes into different layers
- selectRandomLayers.jsx – Randomizes current selection.
- setColor.jsx – I think it is used to set selected color to one of predefined colors
- setExpressionToPaths.jsx – sets one expression to all paths
- setKeysForPaths.jsx – sets keyframe for all paths in a shape layer
- setLoop.jsx – snippet for adding a time remap loop for each selected layer
- setRoundCaps.jsx – Sets all Stroke caps to Round in all shape groups
- shape-duplicator.jsx – unfinished a tool to duplicate shape layer into another group
- sortByPosition.jsx – snippet used to sort layers depending on their position, left to right
- textToKeys.jsx – creates hard-coded "typewriter" effect of a Text Layer with keyframes
- trimFirstToSecond.jsx – trim First Selected layer to the second one
- upscaleComp.jsx – script is used to rescale composition with all its contents preserving keyframes etc