Browsers are perfect platform for games like this
aesthetics matter in making a game enjoyable
The game engine was already written. I thought I could add some style for fun, learn from it, and rewrite it better using modern browser features.
Improvements that would be fun:
- title screen
- rewrite to canvas elements (and svg?)
- Changing style/background based on levels
- using browser database to record high scores
- adding music
- amimations for completed rows etc.
- more challenging speed increments upon level advancements
- game settings in UI
- making it an 'installable' web-app