This is a collection of python scripts for GPS-Precise Point Positioning post-processing of RINEX files. GPS-PPP solutions can be found with the following software packages:
- rtklib, http://www.rtklib.com/
- ESA gLab, 5.1.3 released 2018-01 http://gage.upc.edu/gLAB
- NRCan gpsppp (CSRS-PPP)
In addition to the GPS-PPP software some utilities may be required:
- Teqc, for concatenating many 1-day RINEX files into multi-day files, https://www.unavco.org/software/data-processing/teqc/teqc.html, install it to e.g. /usr/local/bin, and verify with "$ teqc -version" that it is working. as of 2018 March the latest version is "2018Jan11"
- RNXCMP, for decompressing Hatanaka compressed RINEX files, http://terras.gsi.go.jp/ja/crx2rnx.html, install to e.g. /usr/local/bin and verify that CRX2RNX is working with "$ CRX2RNX -h". As of 2018 March the latest version is 4.0.7.
The steps for PPP-processing are roughly:
- Download RINEX files (from e.g. BIPM or other ftp-server)
- Optionally pre-process RINEX files (i.e. decompress Hatanaka-files, and/or assemble daily files into longer batch)
- Download SP3 orbit and CLK clock files (from e.g. CODE or other IGS datacenter)
- Run PPP-algorthm
- Post-process and visualize the results
Post-Processing PPP results
Post-processing may include:
- Calculation of double-differences for time-transfer purposes, e.g. (StationA - IGS) - (StationB - IGS) = StationA - StationB.
- Some UTC-laboratories submit both a RINEX file and an "LZ" file with the offset between the RINEX receiver clock and the UTC-realization. The PPP receiver-clock result should be modified using the LZ file.
- Plotting using matplotlib
- Calculation of Allan deviations or other statistics (using e.g. allantools)
- Comparison to UTC(k)-UTC numbers published by BIPM monthly in Circular-T, or to Rapid-UTC published weekly.
The scripts store input and output files under the main folder:
- 'stations' stores RINEX and LZ files from receiver stations
- 'products' stores clock, ephemeris/orbit, and ERP files from IGS datacenters
- 'common' has common files
- 'results' stores the output results of PPP processing
- 'UTC' has Circular-T data from the BIPM ftp site.
- 'UTCr' has rapid-UTC data from the BIPM ftp site.
- 'doc' has documentation
- 'temp' is used as a temporary directory for gps-ppp calculations
ESA gLAB installation
- dowload package from http://gage.upc.edu/gLAB
- build binary "gLAB_linux" with "make"
- test that it works "$ ./gLAB_linux -help"
- move the binary to e.g. /usr/local/bin
NRCan gpsppp Installation
The gfortran package is required on Ubuntu. NRCAN gpsppp is compiled with
Dist34613b/source/$ gfortran -o gpsppp *.f
The resulting binary can be placed in e.g. /usr/local/bin
- clone from https://github.com/tomojitakasu/RTKLIB
- run "make" in RTKLIB/app/rnx2rtkp/gcc
- move the binary "rnx2rtkp" to e.g. /usr/local/bin
- test with "rnx2rtkp -help"