A python script to convert the Safari reading list to a Python dictionary for use in scripts, python code, etc.
- Create a temp directory for your Bookmarks.plist (so your actual copy used by Safari is untouched :) )
- Convert that plist from Binary -> XML
- Parse that XML structure as a Python Dictionary Object
- And it will output the reading list as formatted text (you can delete this part if you want)
Who is this for?
Well anyone who wants to use the data inside the safari reading list without having to toy about with Apples proprietary format
Potential uses for this code:
- Run a chron job to batch your reading list by day
- Importing your Reading List into another service like Pinboard or Pocket