Install the gem. If you want to override any of the configuration options (see
stache/config), toss an initializer in
Stache.config do |c| c.template_base_path = "..." # this is probably the one you'll want to change # it defaults to app/templates end # or if the block style ain't yer thang, just: Stache.template_base_path = File.join(Rails.root, "app", "şablon")
There is as of right now one provided helper,
template_include_tag. Give it the name of a partial and it will write it raw to a script block. On the todo list is the ability to customize this helper a little more :).
A View Class of your Very Own
To facilitate easy integration, 'Stache comes packaged with a fully-functioning subclass of Mustache, called
Stache::View. It will try to find a more appropriate view class to provide to the template renderer based on the template name, but if one cannot be found it will automatically give ya a
Stache::View so you can have something.
Needless to say, it's probably better if your custom View objects are subclasses of
Stache::View. That way we can all be sure that the handler will render correctly.
An example by way of explanation:
With a template
app/templates/profiles/index, Stache will look for a view named
Profiles::Index, and, if not found, will just use the base
This is early code, ripped out from an upcoming project. It probably has some rough edges.
- more and better integration tests
- automated tests across different rails versions
- other helpers, etc, as desired
This project builds on work done by the following people and projects:
So: thanks a ton to those guys.
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Matt Wilson / Agora Games. See LICENSE for details.