Multiplayer Tron (Light Cycles) over SSH, written in Go
$ go get -v github.com/jpillora/ssh-tron $ ssh-tron
$ curl -"#" -L https://github.com/jpillora/ssh-tron/releases/download/2.1.2/tron_darwin_amd64.gz | gzip -d > tron # ...change OS and ARCH as necessary... linux 368 $ chmod +x tron $ ./tron
Optionally move to PATH
$ mv tron /usr/local/bin/ $ tron
It may work under Windows though it's currently untested
$ tron --help Usage of tron: -deaths=10: Maximum number of deaths before being kicked -delay=2s: Respawn delay -height=60: Height of the game world -players=4: Maximum number of simultaneous players -port=2200: Port to listen for TCP connections on -speed=25ms: Game tick interval -width=60: Width of the game world $ tron tron: game started (#4 player slots) server: server up - join at server: ○ ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 2200 server: ○ ssh 10.7.0.108 -p 2200 server: ○ ssh 192.168.136.1 -p 2200 server: ○ ssh 172.16.4.1 -p 2200
$ ssh 10.7.0.108 -p 2200
Enter to spawn
Known Client Issues
- Appears best with a dark terminal background
- The refresh rate is quite high, so you'll need a low latency connection to the server to play effectively (approximately less than 25ms).
- Only works on operating systems with braille unicode characters (e.g. "⠶" and "⠛") installed. Operating systems lacking this character set will cause the walls to render as the missing glyph (square or diamond).
- Support multi-core (Fix race conditions)
- Optimise game calculations
- Optimise network
SPACEto invert colours
- Add "kills" option (end the game once someone reaches
- Add "all players reset on any death" option.
- Extract code to produce a generic 2D multi-player game engine
- Bomber man
- Dungeon explorer
Copyright © 2014 <email@example.com>
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.