oauth2-ruby is a Ruby library that makes it easy for developers to use OAuth2 protocol, currently in use in sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Launchpad (37 Signals).
Disclaimer: As this is alpha software, it is suspected to change and considered unstable.
OAuth 2 protocol compliance
Currently the project consists of three seperate packages: oauth2-core, oauth2-server and oauth2-client - the latter will be available soon.
- makes parsing, validating and building Authorization and WWW-Authenticate headers easy
- implements OAuth2::Attributes which gives the possibility to set an attribute via callback (blocks), accessor or passing a hash on object initialization. This ensures that the library is very flexible.
- provides different flows according to the OAuth2 specification. Currently, only the web server flow is implemented.
- makes handling OAuth2 requests easy. It currently supports bearer and cryptographic requests.
The wiki features some examples.
How to contribute
If you wish to helps us make OAuth 2 an easy ride with Ruby, please take note of the following:
- If you have an issue, please submit it here on Github
- Should you wish to commit a patch, please fork the project and send a pull request. But - please - don't forget the tests :)
This Ruby GEM is made available to you under the MIT license.