A PKGBUILD for Firefox with defaults for the privacy-conscious and power users
- Completely disables Pocket
- Completely removes Mozilla's new remotely pushed hidden extensions (Telemetry Coverage, Search Telemetry, etc). These anti-features don't respect Firefox's telemetry settings.
- Removes advertisements from the New Tab page and settings for "recommendations"
- Add option to restart browser to file menu (currently not possible for WebExtensions)
- Give the user the ability to disable Mozilla addon signing requirement by setting an about:config option
- Use DuckDuckGo by default
- Set Google's Safe Browsing off by default (can be enabled if desired)
Please file a bug report to request additional changes
Don't trust me! Diff this source tree with the original Archlinux package here: https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/firefox
If you're not an Arch Linux user, consider using this project to create a custom Firefox profile that disables many anti-user features: https://github.com/allo-/firefox-profilemaker.