Minecraft Clone - Python
The final project for my Grade 11 computer science class.
This project is a functioning Minecraft clone made completely in Python using the Panda 3D plugin. Because of time limitations I was only able to make the "Creative Mode", essentially a 3D voxel based block edit program. I used textures from the game to make it look as close to the real thing, even using the same buttons and GUI.
About Me and this project
I was in Grade 10 when I took the Grade 11 computer science class. I started with scratch, not knowing anything about programing at all. When it came to final project time we where told to make anything, and encouraged to use the tool we had been using all year, Pygame. I had the idea to make Minecraft, using my previous 3 years knowledge of 3D modeling and animating to my advantage. This is the project that spawned after 4 months of work.
- Any size world (generation time for larger worlds is longer at start up)
- More than 20 types of blocks
- Lava and water included (so swimming though)
- As this was a school project I will not be continuing development on this.
- Sorry for the ugly code I was learning