You'd like to contribute to agorakit? Thank you !
You are a communication & support person ?
- Talk about the project to people who might need it
- Install it for non technical users/friends/groups
- Help on the translations / add new translations
- Write end users documentation
- Enhance the presentation website with pictures and better texts. It's all there waiting for your pull requests : https://github.com/philippejadin/agorakit-website
- Support existing users (I'm considering the creation of a support forum using... agorakit, let me know what you think)
- Send me an email if you use the tool or are considering it. I love feedback! (info (at) agorakit.org)
There are tons of way to contribute, everything is highly appreciated.
You are a developer proficient with laravel/php/html/css/js ?
- You are a backend developer with experience of the Laravel framework: add new features, fix bug, write tests, document everything. I happily accept pull requests if they pass unit tests and follow the project philosophy
- You are a frontend developer with experience of the Laravel framework: the current UI is not pretty, make it brilliant. Fix UX as you see fit. I happily accept pull requests if they pass unit tests and follow the project philosophy. We don't want the project to become a one page app powered by the latest "à la mode" js framework.
- If you have some time to give to this project, there are already some issues to fix (see. https://github.com/philippejadin/agorakit/issues). Whether you have one hour per day or one hour per month, help is really appreciated! And remember, "talk is silver, code is gold" :-)
- Let's talk in the issue queue if your idea involves big changes.
Make a branch of the master branch, work on your branch and create a pull request when ready. See http://scottchacon.com/2011/08/31/github-flow.html
- Consider donating to help me work on it (check https://agorakit.org)
- Help me find ways to support financially the project (sponsorship, public subsidies, etc.)
- Financial support is btw the key to offer a free hosted version in the future for those groups that can't afford to pay. This is high on my todo list
All the work is open source (GPL)
- Your work will benefit every interested citizen initiative. We already have 100's of users who might benefit from your help. The work is made under the GPL licence.
- It also means that if you use this codebase, you must contribute back your changes.
Please drop a line to info (at) agorakit.org if you are interested or have any question.