Claim responsibility for shoveling out a fire hydrant after it snows. Available in Deutsch, English, Español¹, Français¹, Kreyòl Ayisyen¹, Italiano¹, Polski¹, Português¹, 繁體字², русский¹, ייִדיש¹, 한국의¹, ελληνικά¹, עברית¹ & العربية¹.
- Weather alerts: Be notified via e-mail and/or SMS in the event that snowfall has been forecasted in your hydrant's area.
- Facebook Connect: Connect with Facebook.
- Referrals: Refer this application via e-mail and/or SMS.
This application requires Postgres to be installed
git clone git://github.com/codeforamerica/adopt-a-hydrant.git cd adopt-a-hydrant bundle install bundle exec rake db:create bundle exec rake db:schema:load
bundle exec rake db:seed
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by translating to a new language
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted. You can indicate support for an existing issue by voting it up. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the project.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Add tests for your feature or bug fix.
bundle exec rake test. If your changes are not 100% covered, go back to step 4.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request. Please do not include changes to the gemspec or version file. (If you want to create your own version for some reason, please do so in a separate commit.)
Supported Ruby Versions
This library aims to support and is tested against the following Ruby implementations:
- Ruby 1.9.2
- Ruby 1.9.3
If something doesn't work on one of these interpreters, it should be considered a bug.
This library may inadvertently work (or seem to work) on other Ruby implementations, however support will only be provided for the versions listed above.
If you would like this library to support another Ruby version, you may volunteer to be a maintainer. Being a maintainer entails making sure all tests run and pass on that implementation. When something breaks on your implementation, you will be personally responsible for providing patches in a timely fashion. If critical issues for a particular implementation exist at the time of a major release, support for that Ruby version may be dropped.
Calling to the API
The following might return a response:
http://adopt-a-hydrant-syracuse.herokuapp.com/?hydrants_adopted= http://adopt-a-hydrant-syracuse.herokuapp.com/?hydrants_not_adopted= http://adopt-a-hydrant-syracuse.herokuapp.com/?hydrants_all=
Copyright (c) 2012 Code for America. See LICENSE for details.