Active Load with microcontroller
This repository contains the hardware design, the firmware and the GUI software of my active load device.
- Power supply from around 3.3V to 40V
- Should be powered by device under test
- Alternative power supply via USB
- Maximum dissipated power: Around 12W permanently at room temperature
- Maximum current: 3A
- Robust (protected from overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature conditions)
- Device under test should be connected via banana plugs or screw terminals
- A PC should be able to monitor the actual current and control the desired current via USB
- Small display to monitor actual and setpoint current
- Rotary encoder to change setpoint current
- Small (5×10 cm)
- Measure temperature at heatsink
The whole design process with a lot of details are written down in my blog.