Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Credits: ahezard, Gericom, Apache Thunder, Robz8, _catcatcat, and shutterbug2000.
Warning for 3DS users: Be careful with leaving cards in slot-1. If the save patch fails, you will lose your save data should the chip type match.
Important: For nds-bootstrap to work, make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32 with 32kb cluster/allocation size.
For homebrew compatibility, check v0.5.1b.
Bootstrap path: "sd:/_nds/release-bootstrap.nds"
NOTE: This release is for 3DS/2DS only.
- For a list of games working, please scroll down.
- Dynamic caching implemented for most games.
- Near cart speeds have been achieved for games above 28MB!
- Want to return to the ROM selection menu of bootstrap's GUI frontend? No problem! Use the L+R+DOWN+B button combination to return to SRLoader (if CIA is installed)!
- We now have an advantage over flashcarts! For games that use infrared, a cart containing IR is needed.
Thanks to the discovery of allowing 32MB RAM size in TWL_FIRM, we've achieved the following:
- Total RAM cache size has been increased from 8MB to 24MB.
- Most games that are 28MB or below (with padding trimmed out) will now be loaded into RAM, and will have definitive cart speeds!
Examples are Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Super Princess Peach, Bomberman, Yoshi Touch & Go, MMBN5 Double Team DS, etc.
Manual trimming is optional, as nds-bootstrap will load it into RAM, with the padding trimmed out.
- To get a few games listed below, working again, DSi WRAM is used for caching (total: 496KB).
Games now working
- Mario Party DS (thanks to @shutterbug2000)
- Pokemon Platinum (thanks to @shutterbug2000)
- Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (thanks to @shutterbug2000)
- The World Ends with You (USA version) (thanks to @shutterbug2000)
- and some others...
Games now working again
- Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth (fixed by using DSi WRAM for caching)
- MegaMan Zero Collection (fixed by using DSi WRAM for caching)
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Yoshi Touch & Go
- and maybe some others...
- Since the v0.5.x releases, The USA/JAP/EUR versions of Metroid Prime Hunters does not work, and only the KOR version works.
- If a cart is inserted, when waking up from sleep mode, Mario Party DS's sound is muted, until reboot.
- In The World Ends with You, it may crash during a tutorial.