Mt. Gox Shell — a command-line frontend to the Mt. Gox Bitcoin Exchange
Note: I'm not really maintaining this anymore, see Optonic's fork for something more up-to-date.
- Buy and sell bitcoins
- Specify buy/sell amounts in BTC or USD
- List and cancel orders
- Withdraw bitcoins
- Interactive authentication with no-echo password prompt — no need to store your credentials on disk
- Display account balance
- Display ticker
- Calculate profitable short/long prices from an initial price
- Tab completion of commands
- Sequence multiple commands using semicolons
- Abort commands with SIGINT (ctrl-c on *nix) without exiting, if Mt. Gox is being slow
- Insert comments (# blah) e.g. for quick notes
Python 2.6 or a newer 2.* release.
Run the script in a terminal window and type "help" to see the list of available commands.