ORMAN is an minimalistic and lightweight ORM framework
for Java which can handle your common database usage without writing SQL and
struggling with lots of
It is written in pure java so that you can use ORMAN in your small database-consuming Java projects or Android apps very easily!
Want to learn how to use ORMAN framework in a few minutes? Please read our Wiki.
- Create tables from your Java classes (POJOs).
- Create columns from fields of your Java classes.
- Work with MySQL, SQLite, and even on Android with SQLite (cool!)
- Allows you to create safe and easy SQL queries.
ManyToManyetc. relationships between entities easily.
- Let you code your database consumer program very quickly.
- Open source (licensed under Apache License 2.0)
- Lightweight and small (~170 kb) (alternatives like Hibernate are ~4 mb)
- Easy to install
- Easy to configure with annotations, no XML config files etc. needed
- Easy to learn
- SQL:1999 standards compliant.
- Looking for contributors
- a developing project and needs contribution in many levels such as documentation, testing, demo app development, feature development, architecture consultancy etc.
- is NOT a solution that covers detailed database usage.
- is NOT an enterprise or bug-free solution.
- does NOT support changes in database schema. (create once, use always)
- does NOT have a transaction manager.
- may NOT have backwards compatibility with previous versions.
Feel free to write wikis (if you understand how framework works) or follow commit logs by subscribing to our commit-logs list at groups.google/orman-commits.