Surprising as it may seem, Namecheap does not provide a Mac OS X client for their great dynamic DNS service. After getting tired of trying to get them to create one, I decided to make one myself.
NC DNS Updater is a simple Mac OS X app to automatically update IPs for Namecheap's Dynamic DNS Service. NC DNS Updater allows you to manage an unlimited number of domains/hosts, each with its own independent settings.
Unlike other dynamic DNS clients, NC DNS Updater runs as a daemon and does not require a logged in user to function. After setting up all your hosts, NC DNS Updater’s daemon will update the domains’ host headers automatically whenever a change in IP is detected even when there’s no one logged in to the computer. This feature is specially important if you plan on using it on a server.
- Manage an unlimited number of hosts, each with its independent settings.
- Runs as a daemon in the background and doesn’t require a logged in user to function.
- Can update host to external (internet) and internal (network) IP.
- Intuitive user interface makes it easy to check at a glance each host’s status.
- Confirmed compatibility with with OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.